Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.edmunds.com/news/regular...e.html?tid=edmunds.h..wkedmunds.headlines.1.*

Acura TSX Recalled
Date Posted 09-09-2004
The Acura TSX — a version of the European Honda Accord, sold in the United States — is one of the vehicles involved in a recall issued by Honda over the vehicle's lights. Honda says it will recall 158,187 cars sold in Japan, the United States and 39 other countries to fix the problem, which arises from tape used to seal the wiring leading to the vehicle's rear lights. About 40,060 Acura TSXs could be affected by the problem, which occurs when, after repeated closings and openings of the trunk, the tape and wires fail and the rear lights stop working. No accidents or injuries have been reported due to the problem, a spokeswoman told Reuters.
no wonder no one can ever see me signal~!!! now i know why people are giving me the finger all the time! hahahah

same reason why i don't have the club decal/sticker on my car lol

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Kanon23 said:
and no word from the dealers yet.
I spoke to my dealer about this today, as they already have my car (trying to fix the passenger door rattle). They checked my vin number, and my car falls under the recall. So being that they have my car, they will kill two birds with one stone (and fix it).
They did however say though that in situations like this, those who fall under the recall should receive a notice to bring your car back in. But until then, to sit tight. Unless your tail lights go out that is ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Joker said:
....They checked my vin number, and my car falls under the recall.....
If the number of affected TSX's indicated in the news report was true, essentially ALL of the cars bought so far fall under the recall, certainly at least everything until very recently.

P.S. Maybe would be a good idea to merge this with the original thread???

Anyway most of the stuff about this is on there.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
larchmont said:
P.S. Maybe would be a good idea to merge this with the original thread???
Knowing that most of our Canadian friend's only use this forum, I have left it here (along with Noel's link to the original thread). :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Joker said:
Knowing that most of our Canadian friend's only use this forum, I have left it here (along with Noel's link to the original thread). :thumbsup:
Yes, of course! :tard:

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Zigen said:
the year which they made my accord (year 2000)... many trannies were bad. Well... just in general, many 6th gen accord has bad tranny. So honda decided to extend the warranty on the tranny lor. I would have sold that thing if I did not get the extension... so scared that the tranny will blow up after 4 years.

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
SAZABI said:
the year which they made my accord (year 2000)... many trannies were bad. Well... just in general, many 6th gen accord has bad tranny. So honda decided to extend the warranty on the tranny lor. I would have sold that thing if I did not get the extension... so scared that the tranny will blow up after 4 years.
that would apply to my dad's car too?!

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
SAZABI said:
only for 2000 and some 2001 I believe. if you dad did not get letter, then probably no ga la... but you can check Honda lor. Or you can give me the VIN and I go check for you.
icic...let me find my dad sin...he might be off to somewhere no good...haha...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts