Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wanted an ABP tsx but never found one. Settled for CGP which i like but saw another ABP yesterday and was :(. So i got the crazy idea about getting it wrapped for a year or 2 and thought that the 3m intense blue looks close. Has anyone seen the 2 side by side to see how different they are?

Also totally unrelated but how hard is it to wrap? I've seen several places selling "car kits" just wondering if its worth a shot. How much did you need to do a first gen?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a friend that owns a shop that does car wraps, it is not something you want to tackle unless you have some experience with it. Flat panels are not too bad, but curved areas - especially bumpers, side mirrors, etc are really hard to do unless you know how. Typical cost for a complete car wrap is $1500 - 2500 depending on the type of wrap and who you can find to do the work. If you buy the wrap yourself, be sure you get wrap that is designed specifically for use on cars and is "Air Release", otherwise it will be a pain to install and remove.

I would also stay away from "kits" as they usually do not fit exactly right and it will end up costing more in labor to fix the problems with the kits. There is cobalt blue that 3M makes that is very close to ABP.

Also there are a lot of specialty vinyls that would look pretty nice such as carbon fiber (probalby overdone), brushed metal (there is a nice blue one), and various other textures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts