Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Gallery
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
AC failure is a known (but rare) problem with the TSX, but it mostly seems to happen with the 2004s.

If you have had your AC compressor go out, post here and include the following:
Year of your TSX
Approximate miles when AC failed (if you remember)
And include any other info you feel relevant

The more data we can gather about this, the better!

·
victormone
166 Posts
04 with about 60k miles went out.. A/c compressor blew.. Horrible experience. Got another compressor on eBay for $240 shipped. Paid a buddy $100 to put it in for me. At 107k miles now, no problems yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought an 04. The week before I bought it, someone took it for a test drive, and the A/C never kicked on. He had the compressor replaced, and it works just fine as far as I know. But I only tested it before I bought it, and its winter in Colorado.

But anyways, the car had 124k miles when the A/C went out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Today was my first time having a problem with this. The A/C wasn't working for the first 15 minutes, and then slowly started getting a little bit colder.. still not normal. Is this what happened to you guys? I'm afraid to turn it on now. This car is becoming a headache, just changed the alternator last month!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2007 and at around 90k miles mine went out. Acura dealer did the repairs and gave me a loaner car. out of pocket 1800.00

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
My 07 a/c was starting to blow hot. The compressor still working, Just added Freon. At the moment the a/c is blowing cold air. Let's just see how long this will last.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My 07 a/c was starting to blow hot. The compressor still working, Just added Freon. At the moment the a/c is blowing cold air. Let's just see how long this will last.
Same thing with my 04. They said there wasn't anything wrong with it. $190. w00t.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2004 acura tsx. blew out nothing but hot air around 120K. flushed and added freon cold for about a week and blew out hot air again. i don't hear the compressor coming on also. blew up and havent replaced it yet because it cost so much and my money is tight. sucks cuz i live in central cali and it gets super hot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My compressor just went dead last week. Just orderd the parts, Im going to tackle this myself this weekend. Never done Ac job before. Wish me luck guys lol.

·
New TSX user!
17 Posts
2005 TSX NAVI purchased with 130k miles AC not working at time of purchase. Belt is a little red and mechanic said it's from the belt trying to turn???? Anyone hear this before?

·
ridiculously good looking
646 Posts
Reppin from Irvine too lol. Totally out? Luckily I got a freon refill from Tustin Acura for $190 before it died.
I dont get any cold air, just lukewarm and hot. I was at Tustin Acura for recall work last Saturday, and the Service Advisor said that he could not hear the compressor turn on. They wanted +$200 just to diagnose the problem. He said it could be the compressor or the relay. He wanted $150 for the relay, I said no thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I dont get any cold air, just lukewarm and hot. I was at Tustin Acura for recall work last Saturday, and the Service Advisor said that he could not hear the compressor turn on. They wanted +$200 just to diagnose the problem. He said it could be the compressor or the relay. He wanted $150 for the relay, I said no thanks.
Wow, that's horrible. They charged me $70ish to diagnose, which was then applied to the freon recharge. They also checked for any signs of leaks in my a/c system. I had the same problem though.. just lukewarm and hot air. Now it's blowing ice cold.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts