Acura TSX Forum banner

181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
about a year ago, i had an ac hose blow. freon sprayed every where and it had about 58-60k miles. now this summer my ac is short cycling like every 2 seconds. on and off clicking and its making the rpms jump/decline when it does. at idle, while its short cycling, when it cuts on, the rpms drop to about 400 then catch up to normal right before it cuts back off. not really sure whats up with it. Its a 08 tsx with 78k on it now

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's been a almost a year now, I try to recharge it but no dice, it doesn't engage anymore, 04 with 240k miles, was working fine and then stopped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2004 TSX, A/C compressor went out around 100k (currently at 145k), but have no intention of fixing as the benefit to do so does not outweigh the cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine started making a funny "woooosh" sound when the compressor kicks in. The compressor clutch failed about two months later. Replaced with sanden compressor and has been working great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, long time member here but lost my old email and can not remember my password..

So my 06 is reaching 135k miles and although A/C turns on and I do not sense any problem or whatsoever yet, what are the indications of the "black death"? I read the whole thread and some say they just change out their compressors and some say they have to change out the whole system. Is there a preventive maintenance to avoid the "black death" so not to contaminate other parts of the A/C system when the compressor fails?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 TSX
125k miles
135k miles
Just rolled over 150k miles and I am beginning to have the symptoms I did before when the compressor was about to explode :crying2: Going to do a freon flush and recharge this weekend that will hopefully help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2008 Tsx 78k miles, A/C stopped working one day out of the blue right at the start of the summer in the California Desert. Checked the pressures with my gauge and it immediately pegged into the red/maximum. Took it to a local repair shop who drained coolant, re- charged it with fresh coolant and 2 weeks later it repeated itself. Diagnosed at the shop as a bad compressor, 1200 dollar total cost to replace the compressor with labor. A/c has been working great since.

Blake

·
Registered
18 Posts
2004 TSX 90k miles, had my ac clutch go out at about 80k miles. Went to pep boys and they tried to start taking the compressor out saying it'll cost me $2400 and that they could set me up with pep boys credit card. I was like, hell no! In no way I was going to $2400 for a simple job. Ended up getting a full eBay compressor for about $185 and a couple hours in driveway had it changed out, refilled with hi low pressure gauge with $20 refrigerant from autozone, cold ac back. Note, compressor has one bolt that is right up against the sub frame, not cool. Also, always replace ac bag as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Our AC went out Spring of 2016 in our 06' NBP 6speed Navi. Going to get it fixed soon.

So witch Compressor should i get and also will adding pulleys help keep the AC from failing what is the issue really?

This is our 3rd AC since i have had the car for 5 years. I love my TSX but this AC BS is for the Damn Birds. I have a 2003 Accord with the Original AC Compressor and it has no issues???

Maybe i should do like Jay Leno did on his Torino and get Electric AC :nerd:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am buying a tsx first gen tmro, and here are my choices, 04 loaded with navi for [email protected] miles (but after reading the forum seems this car will keep me broken down or always in the shop I'm terrified of the 04, an 05 with 190k 4500, or an 06 @143k for the same price. Which should I choose? Other choices outside of this is 04 Lexus es330 @100k, and 2011 Mazda 6. I need something reliable because I see hospice patients daily at their homes PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hello, I am buying a tsx first gen tmro, and here are my choices, 04 loaded with navi for [email protected] miles (but after reading the forum seems this car will keep me broken down or always in the shop I'm terrified of the 04, an 05 with 190k 4500, or an 06 @143k for the same price. Which should I choose? Other choices outside of this is 04 Lexus es330 @100k, and 2011 Mazda 6. I need something reliable because I see hospice patients daily at their homes PLEASE HELP
To me it really depends on the owners of the cars and how well they were cared for. All of them are going to have similar potential issues (you're right on the 04 having the most) but I'd try and drive all 3 of them and decide which ones feels more solid. Do you have the backstory on the cars? Know any of the service history? Little stuff like that goes along ways.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey I have a 06 TSX with 190k miles, I don't know if my ac is going out but I do get a knocking sound from the engine bay when the ac is on and it seems to go away when the ac is turned off. Did anyone experience a similar issue prior to their ac compressor going out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey I have a 06 TSX with 190k miles, I don't know if my ac is going out but I do get a knocking sound from the engine bay when the ac is on and it seems to go away when the ac is turned off. Did anyone experience a similar issue prior to their ac compressor going out?

It sounds like your ac compressor clutch. It might just be low on refrigerant. Possible leak. But I'm almost sure it just needs a refill.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
It sounds like your ac compressor clutch. It might just be low on refrigerant. Possible leak. But I'm almost sure it just needs a refill.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks I too hope it just the freon needing a refill, going to get it looked at this weekend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys I have an 08 tsx 150k miles. My ac currently isn't working and I have observed what I believe to be freon leaking into the cabin(white mist). What is that a sign of? Leaking Condenser? NC summers are having me sweating bullets. Would like to resolve the problem soon. Thanks for all advice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I just purchased an 04 6spd with 63k miles and so far everything seems to be working. Is there anything I can do to prevent the compressor from failing and causing damage to other parts? Which part on the compressor is it that actually fails and implodes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
A/C started to blow progressively warmer air. Dealer wanted $1,500 just for the compressor and drier. I replaced _everything_ myself for half of that. I did find metal shavings in the expansion valve so they would have likely come back to us with a double or triple amount to replace everything I replaced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
06 Tsx getting hot air blown, went ahead and tested the low pressure port with gauge .... the port was showing pressure fluctuating in the high range between 55-65. So now I’m just wondering if I should move forward with seeing a mechanic and if any forum friends would have a idea where I should look at. One additional point the compressor clutch was engaging the entire time I had the ac on max.

181 - 200 of 221 Posts