Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy the 06-08 JDM Outer tail lamps. I would love to buy/support HT and purchase them there but I am trying to find the best deal. Right now no one is selling them in the classifieds and the cheapest I place I can find them for so far is from boomplustoys.net. I called today and they told me it would be $344 shipped. But they want me to fill out an order form which asks for my social and the guy I spoke to did not seem that knowledgeable(to me atleast). Has anyone on this form/anyone you know boughten from them or this exact item? I know cccolthockey(member name is too long) has boughten jdm parts from them. I just want to know if these lights are legitimate. Here is the link if you scroll down it shows the 04-05 version I believe but the guy told me they had 06-08 versions as well.

Members that have dealt with boomplustoys.net please chime in! Any input is greatly appreciate. +rep for helping me out! :)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
maybe they want your social security number because they operate out of canada.

I would never give my Social when buying a part. Identity theft is a big issue in today's society.

I googled searched them and here are a few old, but relevant things that i've found.

boom plus toys - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Nobody give Boom Plus Toys Business - NASIOC

Boom Plus Toys paint? - Honda-Tech

http://type azine here.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656329

Kind of a mixed bag of reviews, but like i said before, wanting a social security # is a huge turn off for me

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. and tekneek i read all of the links you posted and I guess you can paypal them as well...so I think that avoids the form that you have to provide the social with. Bump for anyone else that has had personal experiences with them!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
did you make sure the they have them in stock and ready to ship?

As far as I know, even Heeltoe does not have these in stock at the moment.

It would be terrible if you ordered them from Boomplustoys and ended up waiting months for the lights.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imo, whenever there's a business with mixed reviews, I'd rather pay more and be assured of the quality of the service/part than pay less and be concerned. gl with whatever decision you make!
That's kinda of the feeling I am having right now...just don't know what to do. Hopefully some show up in the classifieds soon I guess.
did you make sure the they have them in stock and ready to ship?

As far as I know, even Heeltoe does not have these in stock at the moment.

It would be terrible if you ordered them from Boomplustoys and ended up waiting months for the lights.
No :smh:
That was the one thing I regretted after getting off the phone with them. I am actually going to ask tomorrow and have them send me pictures to make sure they are the 06-08 ones and that they are authentic.

·
Boosting 24/7
3,085 Posts
I purchased my euro r grille from boomplus and paid with paypal. No problems at all. As for my 06 jdm tails, I bought those from heeltoe.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
They probably don't have it in stock. It's pretty hard to find anyone who stocks JDM stuff. They'll probably order it from Japan after you leave a deposit.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
I purchased my jdm lights and some other stuff from them.

paypal.

stuff was in stock, shipped right away, was priced right, and was genuine.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
there legit... i bought my front euro-r lip from them...... ask for morris he knows his shit...morris told me to pay for half deposit and when they got the lip i payed the other half... he takes payment thru paypal...also the shipping is cheap..no taxes, duties, or fees.. and no hassle with custom niether... it took about 2 months to get my lip...deff recommended... ...goodluck

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem^ :thumbsup:
I am currently dealing with a huge hassle trying to ship an acura airbag internationally right now and its becoming a real PITA!!!!! :angryfire:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts