Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Not sure if anyone else has posted/noticed this;

I have a foglight switch from an Accord, and noticed the clip socket is identical to the VSA switch in the Tsx. So for shits and giggles I hooked it up. Sure enough, click it in once, VSA is disabled as normal. Shut the car off, then start it again, it stays off. If the fog switch is left clicked in, VSA will be off everytime you start. If you click it in, then back out again, its off and will re engage next time you start the car. I can take pics and have part number of the switch, I believe it is an '07 Accord fog switch. Will take pics if anyone is interested.

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Left to right; Blank-Fog(Blue)-VSA-Sunroof

Blank-Fog(Blue)-VSA-Sunroof

Front;

VSA Plug(White) Sunroof Plug(Green);

Just showing that they all sit flush with each other.

Not sure if the illumination will work yet, as I actually pulled the bulb from the fog switch, for the sunroof switch lol

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In theory this should work for other Honda/Acura models too. And the switch is only $15, so this is a cheap, easy to reverse mod. I will test it in my 04 TL tomorrow, Im done with cars for tonight.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Very nice find!!!

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seconds to remove lol. Get something to pry with, I have the plastic panel tools from harbor frieght, but a wide flathead wrapped in tape will work too. Pry from the bottom sides, and it will pull straight out. The switches themselves then have a clip top and bottom, hold both pressed in, and it will slide out of the panel.
(Like these, just blue)

I am going to grab another switch tomorrow, and see if I can swap the actual VSA faceplate to it, to make it look even more legit!

·
Registered
289 Posts
anyway to get rid of the light on the dash with the VSA off?

what are the benefits of having the VSA off? i never bothered switching it off as it never seemed to get in the way of me having fun.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
When you do some engine mods to this car and tune it, the mixture of more power and twitch-ier throttle response, can cause the car to buck around on quick starts. By doing this mod someone with this problem won't have to worry about turning off traction control again unless they want it on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good to know. I wonder why our cars come with two extra spots in that bezel with a total of four spaces. I think the 03ish accord has three total spots (at the one I saw, could be different between coupe and sedan and years possibly)

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
so... instead of just pushing the existing button... you now want to spend money and work... yea... SMART

1 - 20 of 32 Posts