Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I'm in the process of getting my brakes done and was thinking of trying something a little different. I've been a long time user of Hawk HP pads. But now I have been getting curious on their Sector 27 Rotors. I've been lookin online at reviews and they have been positive so far. But I would like to hear from some of y'all TSX brethren about them. Has anybody on her here hear anything about these rotors? Good, bad ugly or all of the above? and if so would be worth the purchase? Thanks Inn advance.

·
@fsocietytsx
372 Posts
My combination used to be Hawk HPS pads with Stoptech Rotors. I am still using the rotors but changes to Hawk DTC 70 with Endless brake fluid. It works very well, though i will be upgrading to Stoptech BBK over the winter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard nothing but great reviews on Stoptech. I haven't tried them yet. They would be my second choice. I may go that route but not th BBK though. I'm using my TSX as my daily driver. How are the DTC 70? How excessive is the. Rake dust?

·
@fsocietytsx
372 Posts
I've heard nothing but great reviews on Stoptech. I haven't tried them yet. They would be my second choice. I may go that route but not th BBK though. I'm using my TSX as my daily driver. How are the DTC 70? How excessive is the. Rake dust?
Not excessive at all and my brakes get quite hot at times.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Hey folks. I'm in the process of getting my brakes done and was thinking of trying something a little different. I've been a long time user of Hawk HP pads. But now I have been getting curious on their Sector 27 Rotors. I've been lookin online at reviews and they have been positive so far. But I would like to hear from some of y'all TSX brethren about them. Has anybody on her here hear anything about these rotors? Good, bad ugly or all of the above? and if so would be worth the purchase? Thanks Inn advance.
My stock TSX does not have any overheating issues during multiple 30 minute HPDE sessions. I'm running front DTC60's and rear DTC30's on stock rotors so it's hard for me to justify the cost of Sector 27's. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What are the best pads for a stock brake caliper - primarily street use? I'm OK with more dust if those pads help the car stop better. Hawk HPS? Hawk HPS 5.0?

I had to hit my brakes hard in traffic last week, and I wasn't satisfied with my braking performance. Thankfully I wasn't that close to the car that pulled out in front of me. I would upgrade to bigger/better calipers, but don't want to purchase new wheels just to add them, and I'm also not a fan of spacers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dead thread back to life... Well I am running the Hawk Sector 27 and Hawk HP and and I must say. I am very impressed by these. Very sleek and quiet. Very impressed with the response. I love the fact all I have to do is tap on the brakes to slow/stop the car. They even look good on the whip. I would definitely recommend them to try out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
kryngle
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing