Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
...at a time...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlights illuminate both sides of the street up to the bottom of the first floor windows of the houses on the street, as well as in front of the car. Is this normal for this type of headlight? I feel like a police helicopter is following me around with it's lights trained on me and my surroundings (not that I know what that's like, at least not lately). I just picked up my car yesterday and except for the lights it's great!

·
...at a time...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that's completely normal with HID's? I'm probably going to get tossed out of my neighborhood.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
1speed said:
So that's completely normal with HID's? I'm probably going to get tossed out of my neighborhood.
HID's light up the road a LOT more then standard light's, but at the same time they should not be hitting oncoming driver's in the eye's.
If they appear to be too high, I'd go back to your dealer, and have them adjust them (down a bit) for you :thumbsup:

·
...at a time...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, they do great things for these old eyes and don't appear to be above the headlights of oncoming cars. I'll just have to get used to it I guess. Thank you for the replies Joker and johnej. One other question - is one side supposed to be higher than the other?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
1speed said:
One other question - is one side supposed to be higher than the other?
Yes, the right side will be a little higher than the left. Or should I say the left is a little lower, as to not hit oncoming traffic :thumbsup:

·
UK Accord Type-S
109 Posts
another thing is to maybe get the auto adjusters checked...in no way should the beam be hugely higher than any other beam on a car....surely in USA there are headlight aiming guidelines?...i think you could get them checked.

·
Registered
894 Posts
"except" for the lights it's great??

u know how much I drooled over the TSX's HIDs when I had the toyota solara?? the Acura TSX uses stanley projectors(correct me if I'm wrong), and has one of the best lighting outputs in any car...

the wide beam that u see is created by the projection of the projector housing, reflector housing simply can't match...

what's even wider is the Lexus LS430 projectors...shown below retrofitted into Mercedez E-class headlights

and the TSX projectors retrofitted into a srt-4

color modded

yeah...u should start liking ur lights...ppl spend 1000+ to get those projectors into their cars

it's not only awesome looking, it's safe

God bless

Kevin

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's actually an older generation of the Mercedes E-class(around 2000) and not a Lexus LS bluesolara. Just being picky, sorry.

·
Registered
894 Posts
sorry bjrichar...

I'm a little smarter than that...haha

"Fortunately, the LS430 projector fits quite well into my headlight. The combination of projector and reflector iof the LS430 set really give superior performance. One thing it lacks the bi-xenon feature, but I could live with that.

Kind of hard to capture the brightness and wideness of the headlight, since I suck at using camera, but I tried my best to do so. Really fun to drive at night. Looking at the pictures, you can see why I have no problem lit up all 6 lanes of the freeway.

There're a lot of fast & cool (mod) Mercedes out there, but I think mine has the best headlight, beat even the $500K SLR or Maybach, hehe

Until a next better projector come out, this's what I have for now .... "

;) I know my cars, bro...

those are LS430 projectors retrofitted into Mercedez E class factory reflector housing...

God bless

Kevin

·
Registered
894 Posts
haha...I edited the post to make it more clear that it's a retrofit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts