Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well earlier today I stopped by my Acura dealer because my power steering was making a humming noise. The recall fix has already been performed but I was convinced it wasnt doing its job. After they took a look at my car they informed me that there is a recall for my headlights and they are going to do a special order for brand new OEM ones that cost $600. I asked him repeatedly if I will have to pay for it and he said im a lucky guy. I asked him how long itll take and they told me to come by tomorrow morning. I will update you guys on the news.

Also, I took a look at my car and noticed some scratches on my trunk that I KNOW were not there before I left my keys in the hand of a mechanic. Im not positive if this is their way of sugercoating the incident but I already polished it off with no problems. No need to get anyone in trouble when im getting brand new headlights for free :woot:

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Yup there correct they will replace your headlights free of charge...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Son of a ... Ive got an 08, with very very minor condensation/fogging happening in one of the lamps. The one dealer ive visited thus far said its not covered under the factory nor my extended warranty. Maybe I should drive down to your dealer :p

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I believe the headlight recall was only for the 04 models..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was enlightened on it more. Its because when closing the hood it will reveal cracks and therefore water and condensation will enter the headlights. Its for 04-05 models I believe. And yes I went to Pembroke Pines Acura on Pines blvd.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
06-08 headlamp also had a recall... It don't matter what year model it is ...

·
Registered
332 Posts
06-08 headlamp also had a recall... It don't matter what year model it is ...
Got a number on that cause i punched my vin in and it only showed the PS hose. Might have been a TSB which is not a recall just a service advice for common issue and usually NOT free.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Got a number on that cause i punched my vin in and it only showed the PS hose. Might have been a TSB which is not a recall just a service advice for common issue and usually NOT free.
I don't but my headlamps got replaced free of charge... I would think Acura would also replace 07 and 08 if there all the same headlight as 06 models...

·
Registered
96 Posts
What the. There's a recall for this?! I have an 04 TSX and my headlight gets condensation everytime I wash the damn car...
I believe the PS and headlight recall doesn't count for us Canadians.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know for certain if this applies to the 07-08? Both lights had some condensation, mostly on the outside of the lenses, drivers side being the worst. I started polishing them today and it seemed to be clearing up, but had to stop as my girlfriend needed the car.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
My car is Canadian and the headlights were 'fixed' with metal clips under RECALL about 5 years ago. I've since changed them out for aftermarket ones with non-yellow indicator reflectors... but I do specifically remember the recall being a 'fix with clips if not compeltely fubar'd, else replace with new headlights with clips installed'.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well let me confirm that they did give me brand new headlights. BRAND NEW. Im going back today because one headlight shines more upward than the other one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just checked with the dealership here, they ran the vin, but showed no open recalls on the car. It doesn't seem much like condensation on the outside of my lights, more like oxidation, so I guess it's back to buffing for me.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Both my headlights started developing condensation and I just tossed in a silica gel pack in each headlight from dollarama and that fixed the problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts