Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well earlier today I stopped by my Acura dealer because my power steering was making a humming noise. The recall fix has already been performed but I was convinced it wasnt doing its job. After they took a look at my car they informed me that there is a recall for my headlights and they are going to do a special order for brand new OEM ones that cost $600. I asked him repeatedly if I will have to pay for it and he said im a lucky guy. I asked him how long itll take and they told me to come by tomorrow morning. I will update you guys on the news.

Also, I took a look at my car and noticed some scratches on my trunk that I KNOW were not there before I left my keys in the hand of a mechanic. Im not positive if this is their way of sugercoating the incident but I already polished it off with no problems. No need to get anyone in trouble when im getting brand new headlights for free :woot:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Son of a ... Ive got an 08, with very very minor condensation/fogging happening in one of the lamps. The one dealer ive visited thus far said its not covered under the factory nor my extended warranty. Maybe I should drive down to your dealer :p

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I believe the headlight recall was only for the 04 models..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was enlightened on it more. Its because when closing the hood it will reveal cracks and therefore water and condensation will enter the headlights. Its for 04-05 models I believe. And yes I went to Pembroke Pines Acura on Pines blvd.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,495 Posts
Got a number on that cause i punched my vin in and it only showed the PS hose. Might have been a TSB which is not a recall just a service advice for common issue and usually NOT free.
I don't but my headlamps got replaced free of charge... I would think Acura would also replace 07 and 08 if there all the same headlight as 06 models...

·
Registered
96 Posts
What the. There's a recall for this?! I have an 04 TSX and my headlight gets condensation everytime I wash the damn car...
I believe the PS and headlight recall doesn't count for us Canadians.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know for certain if this applies to the 07-08? Both lights had some condensation, mostly on the outside of the lenses, drivers side being the worst. I started polishing them today and it seemed to be clearing up, but had to stop as my girlfriend needed the car.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
My car is Canadian and the headlights were 'fixed' with metal clips under RECALL about 5 years ago. I've since changed them out for aftermarket ones with non-yellow indicator reflectors... but I do specifically remember the recall being a 'fix with clips if not compeltely fubar'd, else replace with new headlights with clips installed'.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Both my headlights started developing condensation and I just tossed in a silica gel pack in each headlight from dollarama and that fixed the problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.