Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Carm
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I'm hoping someone can help..or can offer any information that may be useful. I have a 2005 Acura tsx, and live in toronto area. To make a long story short, a goose committed suicide and flew right into my car. Because I was driving on 427 south, this caused damage to my passenger headlight. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some options. I don't want to put into a claim with my insurance company, because I feel damage is not substantial. I think it would be in my best interest to purchase a light, i believe I would be able to replace myself. Any suggestions as to where I can purchase one? do you think a scrap yard would have? After market parts? Any suggestions would be helpful. I just wanted to add, that all lights work, and it seems that the light cover is damaged. Does any know if this is an option? Any help much appreciated. Thank you

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market Search any wrecker in your area or across the continent. Replacing the headlight isn't terribly difficult but does involve removing the bumper, I think. Not something I'd want to do in the winter, as the plastic gets brittle and the clips will all shatter and require replacement. ;)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
eBay usually have some OEM headlights popping up: tsx headlight in Headlights | eBay

In my experience I don't see how I can remove the headlight without removing the bumper so it's quite a bit of a process.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
Agreed with Stylezz. It's way too cold outside, I'm a guy who likes to do things with my car regardless the weather lol but you'd probably want to do this in a garage/warm area.

But headlight replacement will involve removing your bumper to replace your headlight. It's a simple job if you've done it before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can try your luck at your nearest junkyards as they will be able to provide you the stuff that you are looking for at an amazingly cheaper price. However, finding the exact one is quite a troublesome job. So the best option would be to go in for used ones, you can find plenty of them through online searching.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.