Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Acura TSX had one original headlight and one OEM Honda replacement headlight on it when I bought it. Some one backed into it but it was replaced and works fine. Because the other original not replaced one is 9 years old, it wasn't nearly as clean as the new one and stood out. I got turtle wax headlight restoration kit and used this hoping it would improve it. After following the directions and wiping it off after, I discovered it scratched the crap out of it. The headlight is absolutely destroyed. I have decided to just by a new headlight. The
Honda/Acura OEM replacement cost around $325 for one!!! I was wondering what aftermarket look alike headlight assembly is the best to use. I want to match the other new OEM one I have but not spend a fortune. I know the aftermarkets are less expensive around $175 but don't know which one of the 28 there are is the best. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try using the 3M Headlight restoration kit. I've had great success restoring headlights in my yellowed out accords and my tiburon's headlights. Brought them back to new!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I vouch for the 3M. Gotta use it like every 2 years tho. If you want to replace it, just look for DEPO ones and then swap out the projectors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In the 4 years I owned my Tiburon, they never yellowed again. Of course I applied a layer of wax every month on the headlights with the rest of the car. But no yellowing ^_^

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes, bump, what is the difference between the eBay $178 headlights and the DEPO >$300 that Heeltoe sells?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did you use clear sealant after you buffed tHem out?? Go to a shop for both headlights restoration usually go from 40$-60$ for both .. Really dont see the need to spend 600 on new ones if you screwed em up trying to make em clear, fixable easy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nope just kept the buffing pad that came with the kit and buffed them out every 6 months it out with rubbing compound then wax. I use wolfgang 3.0 sealant so no probs! ^_^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts