Acura TSX Forum banner
141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
DC2 to CL9
85 Posts
Acura offers it's manufacturer's warranty, which should not be related to the Toyota dealership you purchased it from. It says you have an '07... I would think you might still be covered. Doesn't hurt to call/drop by Acura and find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you tell them you get the moisture in but right now it's not in there, I'm sure they'll believe you and will replace the light.
I took my TSX to the dealer and they looked in the history to find that the previous owner had the recall performed already.They told me that even if there is moisture in the headlamp (which there was a fair amount at the time of my visit) that I was responsible for replacement costs because the recall had already been performed previously.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Headlight condensation

I have a 04 and it has pretty bad condensation on the passenger side headlight, anyone know how to fix it or if its possible without replacing? I owned a mazda 3 before and i never had any problems with that issue.

·
Whaattss up?
149 Posts
sry for thread revival, But I just got same issue suddenly after carwash. Went to the dealer and explained them the situation as well as mentioned about recall, and they told me there is no such recall?? maybe US only hm.. Anyways they wont cover it either. :(

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
Today i went to a dealership close by to find out more about this situation. I went in and described my problem (my passenger side is getting condensation). The employee there told me there isn't a recall on it but just a service update. So what they do is they replace the 2 clips so it prevents the headlight to get more condensation. He told me since you already have the condensation inside, by putting these clips will make it stay in there and won't dry away. So he told me to come back when its little hot outside so all the condensation is gone from the headlights and then we can put those clips in for you.

My question is, Is what he told me true or did he makeup an excuse?
Its november and the only time it will get hot now is in April here in Canada so how am i suppose to get the condensation out before that?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Today i went to a dealership close by to find out more about this situation. I went in and described my problem (my passenger side is getting condensation). The employee there told me there isn't a recall on it but just a service update. So what they do is they replace the 2 clips so it prevents the headlight to get more condensation. He told me since you already have the condensation inside, by putting these clips will make it stay in there and won't dry away. So he told me to come back when its little hot outside so all the condensation is gone from the headlights and then we can put those clips in for you.

Its november and the only time it will get hot now is in April here in Canada so how am i suppose to get the condensation out before that?
He gave you an exuse, I had mine replaced at 135,000 Miles. I say you go to another dealership and get someone frendly that will hook you up.

by the way If the car had the headlights replaced before, I don't think they will replace them again.

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
He gave you an exuse, I had mine replaced at 135,000 Miles. I say you go to another dealership and get someone frendly that will hook you up.

by the way If the car had the headlights replaced before, I don't think they will replace them again.
Yea thats exactly what i thought. Because i guess he thought I'm a little kid and can just give me bullshit excuses.
Also, no service was done on the car before he told me that as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Simple

google DIY black housing headlights. Do step 1. Heat the edge of your lights and pry open with flat head (patience is your friend)

step whatever when its time to reseal, just Seal it yourself with Black silicone and heat up again. be sure to clamp the edges and lets dry. ALOT EASIER DONE THAN SAID.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts

That was a straight lie, it is a recall and Acura sent out letters to owners concerning this. Now i have a PDF of the recall that must be performed on the headlights. First of all they are suppose to remove all condensation in the headlights before installing the clips. Now if they still don't want to do it for you just let me know because all you need to do is remove any condensation in the light, install the clips which is super easy to do and also a good idea is to replace the desiccant packets you have in your headlights with a new one to help absorb any moisture. Oh and the clips for the recall actually cost around $2.50USD plus tax for all four.

·
Registered
225 Posts
2006. i have the aftermarket 8k bulb installed and just ran out of warranty. do you they will replace my driver headlight? its moisture when its cold out....

IF they could replace my headlight(free of charge, hopefully since its a recall for 04-05), i have an injen intake installed, should i take it out before going in?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is anyone's condensation as bad as this? I am out of warranty and went to my local dealer over a year ago. They told me the TSB only covered 04-05 and mine is a 2006, but did replace both headlights out of goodwill.
I doubt they will replace these again, and the clips might be too late to rescue these. I feel like the silica packets may not be enough and are temporary fix, is baking and resealing the last resort?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Is anyone's condensation as bad as this? I am out of warranty and went to my local dealer over a year ago. They told me the TSB only covered 04-05 and mine is a 2006, but did replace both headlights out of goodwill.
I doubt they will replace these again, and the clips might be too late to rescue these. I feel like the silica packets may not be enough and are temporary fix, is baking and resealing the last resort?

I'd say give it a good vacuum and do the silica packs first

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
replace the packets, i went to silicagelpackets.com for mines and ordered the 112gram packets and also you can order the clips from Acura that performs the recall which cost about $2.50 and just installs on the top of the headlights.

when mines was that bad i removed the light and opened up plugs for the high beam and low beam and and let it sit in the sun on a hot day and it removed all the moisture for me.

Reactions: lcrazyaznl

·
Registered
38 Posts
+1 on silica gels , it worked for me when forgot to the back of the headlight and totally got moisture in teh headlight. Slapp some of those gels in and waited 2 days, voila! done.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

Recently noticed One of the headlights gets condensation but it disappears in the sun. It reappears overnight. Of course the light is out. Had the headlight replaced a few years ago due to condensation. It is a 06 tsx.

141 - 160 of 183 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.