Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i installed a aftermarket headunit in my 2004 tsx. Wasn't hard at all if you know how to take the radio out.

my problem is, tsx's come built in with a speaker amp and i needed to power my sub amp with the remote wire that comes from the radio adapter kit. i went ahead and wired that up but it left me with no speaker sound.

so, i did some brain storming and found that i could use the unused orange "illumination" wire as my other remote wire to turn on the speaker amp because its a 12 v source.

Now when i turn my radio on, its like my headunit controls follow the speaker amp and not the sub amplifier... but both turn on correctly.

Anyone else have this problem with an aftermarket headunit? or have a solution for it?

·
Registered
833 Posts
sounds like you are mixing the 2 systems together , your sound is still coming through the factory amp to all your car speakers and you wont be able to run a sub that way unless you get LOC's and tap into your rear 6x9 to get the sound signal to the sub. Right now youre basically just powering the sub amp on and there is no sound signal going to the sub , does that sound right ??? What you need to do is either get LOC's and tap into your 6x9's or bypass the factory amp all together by using a Honda factory amp bypass harness. The TSX factory amp has a built in crossover and the signal coming out is not balanced , basically its set up so your factory 6x9's pump out mainly the bass frequencies. I hope im making sense here... hope it helps you out a little tough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.