Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
mirror element-runs app.$55u.s and does not have a resister built in!

don't need wiring harness because will hot wire as if i were hooking up fog lights!

acura must think there's no cold weather in the u.s.!!!

do tsx's incanada have engine block heaters?

the local acura store is installing mine on tuesday!

thanks,
david

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
david said:
mirror element-runs app.$55u.s and does not have a resister built in!

don't need wiring harness because will hot wire as if i were hooking up fog lights!

acura must think there's no cold weather in the u.s.!!!

the local acura store is installing mine on tuesday!

thanks,
david

Let us know how the install goes, im sure there are a lotta peopel who would be interested in that if its not to much of a pain in the ass. Me for one. So let me know

·
Registered
332 Posts
david said:

Not standard, but pretty cheap from the dealer (<$200 installed). I understand some colder parts of Canada require cars to be sold with block heaters, but not in Toronto or southern Ontario.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
binabink said:
any update??
what he said.

I personaly think they're going to make them stander here as a change soon. They just added them to the RSX so there's no reason to keep them off the TSX.

·
Registered
12 Posts
oh yeah, i agree. i figured they'd be on the '05 model, at least. but that's a tad late. :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I'd be a lot more interested in power-retractable mirrors, which I'd find very, very useful. I'd pay extra for it.

I must be missing something about heated mirrors. I had it on my last two cars (Legend and TL-S), and rarely used it. Didn't seem to make much difference, or maybe I just didn't need it. And we get plenty of cold weather here.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Larch, I'm in the basically the same neighbourhood as you (across the lake) and I find them very useful. Aside from melting snow and ice, the heat does a great job of evaporating condensation anytime it's wet.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
That's about what I thought, kite. But somehow it just wasn't an issue for me, and hasn't been this winter either, even with all this weather and even without heated mirrors. :dunno:

And I do actually look in the mirrors. I've known people who didn't and were proud of it. :dunno about that either: :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
i would have loved to have had heated mirrors last night. damn freezing rain. i was about to scrap them off after i finished the front/back windows, but i was too cold by then and said screw it. =\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts