Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
i live in climate where i have heavy condinsation on mirrors in the morning!canadian tsx's have heated mirrors--u.s tsx's don't!

acura dealer in taronto will sell me glass with heating elements---

my question is will they fit u.s. mirrors?
need feedback!

also installing engine block heater next week---has anybody done that yet?

thanks,
david

·
Registered
21 Posts
It would more than likely fit, but however you may not have the necessary connection to the mirror, I mean you would probably need to run a wire to the mirror that connects to the defrost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe that in addition to getting the mirrors from Canada with the heating element, you will need to get the switch for the mirrors (which goes on the inside driver side door handle) and the appropriate wiring and harness to hook it up to the electrical system.

Is it worth it ?

Just use some tissue and wipe the condensation....that's life for not having heated mirrors...

We Canadians don't get the NAVIGATION option...so the old-school maps will have to do...

LIVE WITH IT !!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
There is another inexpensive solution, I believe there is a product by "Rain-X" that either eliminates fog or condensation from glass?

They already make a product you can apply to your windshield that let's water bead up and blow off when you drive (you hardly need your wipers).

Maybe you could try it on your mirrors and let us know how it works?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hip said:
There is another inexpensive solution, I believe there is a product by "Rain-X" that either eliminates fog or condensation from glass?

They already make a product you can apply to your windshield that let's water bead up and blow off when you drive (you hardly need your wipers).

Maybe you could try it on your mirrors and let us know how it works?
Rain-X works on surfaces only when the wind hits it. It needs the wind to blow the water off the surfaces. I've tried Rain-X on my side mirrors before on my SiR, and it did nothing, since there's not enough wind current that hits its surface.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Rain-X makes an "anti-fog product". I tried it once. It doesn't work. My mirror actually fogged more easily. I do not suggest it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts