Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
fresh to death
2,643 Posts
Note: This particular part will NOT replace the Hondata Heatshield Gasket. It goes in between the Intake Manifold and the Injector Base
you make it sound like all our cars come with the hondata gasket...
p2R and hondata's intake manifold gasket is pretty much the same thing but made by a different company...good price but yeah, the link isn't working...

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
p2R and hondata's intake manifold gasket is pretty much the same thing but made by a different company...
Same function, slightly different location. It's possible to install both in the same car.

The gasket OP is talking about is on my list of things to get. I'm just trying to work up the courage to try to DIY. The instructions look easy enough, but I manage everything with a limited number of hand tools. I might start the DIY and realize I need my car so I can drive out and get more tools...lol

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Performance
8,413 Posts
^^^Cracked WTF? Where? I should check mine

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ ouch! melted Hondata IMG??? ....well if that ever happends ill have to buy a P2R for replacement.

you make it sound like all our cars come with the hondata gasket...
p2R and hondata's intake manifold gasket is pretty much the same thing but made by a different company...good price but yeah, the link isn't working...
sorry, but if you check the link again(its working now), you will see that this is not the same one as the Hondata IMG. this one goes between the "Injector plate and Intake Manifold". the Hondata IMG goes behind the Injector plate and on the Head.

And the reason why I make it sound like everyone buys the Hondata IMG is because it is the most common thing people buy first especially those who has done Reflash/Kpro. I just wanted to start a thread here for people who are looking to do Reflash/Engine cooling in the future because im sure they will end up getting the Hondata IMG along with their purchase as well..

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I think they are expected to melt a little bit to adhere to the IM and injector base.

·
5,412 Posts
I do have both. I think the word melt is a bit overkill for what i'm trying to explain. I'll take some pics at some point so you can see. it just gets a little discolored due to the heat and probably melts a little bit to adhere better.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Question about the phenolic spacer (IMG) does it make a dramatic difference to the temperature of the injector base/intake manifold? I.E. being able to touch the aluminum after driving around with no scalding of the hand?

·
5,412 Posts
Question about the phenolic spacer (IMG) does it make a dramatic difference to the temperature of the injector base/intake manifold? I.E. being able to touch the aluminum after driving around with no scalding of the hand?
yes the gasket reduced temps when doing the hand/touch test. Other than that, I have no scientific measurements of the actual temp changes, but it is there.

·
Registered
898 Posts
P2R makes two different gaskets. One that goes between the block and the injector base and one that goes between the intake manifold and the injector base.

Hondata only makes the one that goes between the block and the injector base.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have both p2r installed and can easily not only touch but hold my hand on any part of manifold in hottest summer day after any crazy run. Temp was dropped BADLY !! Thinking now bout complete water passage removal to make intake side be even more cooler.

Like those gaskets !!

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Ill have to pick mine up soon!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts