Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone my name is Jeremy I am a new owner of an Acura TSX this is my very first one absolutely love the car came across you guuy's website just wanted to write a post telling everyone hello little bit about myself I'm 30 years old I bought my car on Saturday she has 117, 500 miles. she has only had basic tune ups or oil change oil filter air filter today I replace the spark plugs with new nGK Iridium plugs I stop by Acura and got me 3 quarts of automatic transmission fluid 1 gallon of antifreeze Inu air filter a Honda oil filter and 5 quarts of Mobil 1 530 full synthetic the gentleman I had bought the car from never done anything to it but had basic service is done and it is scheduled for the antifreeze an automatic transmission fluid to be replaced the plugs were supposed to be done at 110,000 miles the gentleman I bought it from was very honest and told me that the spark plugs for never changed unbelievably they were in great condition for having that many miles on them according to my Acura maintenance schedule it says that I was due for a valve clearance check and probably just man at 110,000 miles he never had that performed either Acura of flat irons in Boulder Colorado wants $500 to perform the job I did a quick look up on YouTube and it is double overhead cam but I was under the assumption that it was most likely a shim under bucket of style but it is tappets style. I am a motorcycle mechanic by trade I have done files on multiple motorcycles tappets sure it's so I completely feel comfortable performing this job myself. I don't know if I mentioned this but luckily the valve clearance for intake and exhaust is posted under the hood.
I do have a few questions to some you does anybody know if that has an automatic transmission filter in it? I do know that it holds six point five quarts of ATF but according to the Acura dealership they do not recommend you doing / they recommend a basic drain and fill I did read on this forum I believe some people drain and fill with approximately 3 quarts of ATF and then run it for about a week making sure to run on the highway to the torque converter box up & Exchanges fluid out and then they granted again to try to flush out some of the old blue it my ATF is nice bright red does not appear to be burnt in the bible does not appear to be low but my car does with a little bit when it's very cold you hit the gas pedal and for a split second rpm still up before the trans kicks in I am hoping that a simple fluid replacement will solve this problemI am very happy that I joined thisTSX club. I look forward to having conversations with you guys and exchanging informationI would like to do some type of performance mods as my car is all stock and belong to a 5th grade school teacher I am thinking nothing too crazy I am very picky about what parts I use on my car I would like to do a cold air intake bike and then and I am also looking into a cat back exhaust system that has a catalytic converter as to where I live in a state that requires emissions does anybody have any ideas or suggestions on a few basic mod because I seen that they carry everything from intake manifold to bigger throttle bodies exhaust systems headers

· VP of Infinite Infinity
1,790 Posts
Holy anti-punctuation! I tried to read it, but it just goes on and on :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.