Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I just bought a 2009 TSX last week and so far I love it. Its a huge change for me as I've never owned a non-american car.

I'm a Mustang guy at heart and will likely have one again some day, but i knew i wanted my 'next' car to be a sporty & more luxurious sedan. Sad to say the TSX wasn't even on my short list until i showed up to drive a different car, found out it was sold, and they had one on the lot. After driving it once i was sold!

I really don't plan on doing many (if any) mods as i think the car is pretty good right now! Maybe a tune or something but i'll wait till its out of warranty. I signed up to learn more about these cars as i like to do most minor maintenance on my own.

Well, looks like I have a night of forum browsing and owner's manual reading to do!

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
Nice pickup, welcome to the forum.

You will love the tsx.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome bro!
I'm new too so we can learn together! LOL!

BTW did you pick up the V6 or 4cyl?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome bro!
I'm new too so we can learn together! LOL!

BTW did you pick up the V6 or 4cyl?

I got the 4cyl. It has decent power for a daily driver. It doesn't feel as fast as the 2009 VW CC i was also considering, but at the end of the day I read one too many complaints about the reliability of the CC, and i've never heard much about Acuras (or Hondas) having maintenance issues.

Plus, i got it with an extended warranty so thats peace of mind while i'm making payments on it. At the end of the day i feel like i got more car for my money with the Acura. Better audio, moonroof, Xenons, better looking wheels, and a little more head and leg room.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
You were very lucky,I had 4 VWs,and now a TSX,and as far as quality and reliability go,the Acura is far superior

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You were very lucky,I had 4 VWs,and now a TSX,and as far as quality and reliability go,the Acura is far superior
Ya, reliability was my biggest fear with the VW... I guess thats why I was so hesitant to pull the trigger. I know people that have never had a problem with them but i've also heard/read the horror stories, even on fairly new low mileage cars.

So, off topic, but I need to get a new key for my car. It came with a single 'switchblade' key, and on the back its labled '2'. I saw the group buy, is that for the OEM uncut key? Will a dealership cut and program a key for me that I didn't purchase through them? I called and they're like $180ish for an uncut key through the dealer.... yikes.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome, good choice with the 6MT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts