Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
You see me? I CU2
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there TSX CLUB

Name: Nate C.
Car: Acura 2010 TSX, Premium,Grigio Metallic or Grigio Grey depending on who you ask I guess lol
Delivery date: January 7, 2011

Previous car was a 2005 Nissan Sentra lease which the whole family used. I was leaning towards a used 1st gen TSX but the I got convinced to go new, so I was looking at the 2nd gen TSX at first then I tried all the other cars ie, Genesis, IS 300, G37 and I almost bought an BMW I128 but since my dad would use this car as well, I went back to looking at the TSX, my buddy recently bought a new TL so his dealership helped me out with a good price. I originally wanted Black on Black but there were no 2010's left in that colorway :( so I settled on the Grigio on Black. New car, new colour since the Sentra was Black and voila I got me a new TSX :luvlove:

Plans: Nothing to crazy (don't all intro posts start like this?). It sucks that it's winter now but cant change mother nature.But for now I wanna do
  • Interior lights converted to LED's
  • Color match or plastidip or carbon fiber wrap that grill(I'm sorry but that grill design is...yeah...)
  • Tint
  • Intake
Towards the summer
  • Lowering springs for now, I wanna put some coilovers but I don't wanna void the warranty(LAAAMES)
  • Rims
  • DRL's and fogs

I'm in the final semester for Business-Finance in University so all these mods are tentative on funds :laugh::laugh:

1st mod! Winter Tires! LOOOL

Obligatory head on shot

Better pictures when my boy has time to do a photoshoot

I always lurked on these forums in the 1st gen section and now I'm here, funny how things work out. Hope to learn a lot here and meet new people. I also like long walks down the beach....(oh too much? Ok I'll stop)

ps. how can you change your avatar...it won't let me and yea I know it should be 100x100 and less than 97 kb.....

Sorry for the long read! :jump:

·
You see me? I CU2
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Winter Tires are a neccessity in Canada and the alloys are sitting sadly in the basement.

1st "heavy" Snowfall today zomg.......I've never driven so slow cuz of this car and snow

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome

Glad those are winter wheels. I was about to give you grief.

·
You see me? I CU2
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad thos are winter wheels. I was about to give you grief.

Are all black wheels on our cars that bad? haha I keep thinking some all black TE37's look good or even Leon Harditt Ordens with the red centre caps

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Winter Tires are a neccessity in Canada and the alloys are sitting sadly in the basement.

1st "heavy" Snowfall today zomg.......I've never driven so slow cuz of this car and snow
Yeah 17cm today and in quite a brief period of time too! Just take it slow and everything should be alright in the snow. I managed well today with my all seasons.

And last but not least, nice TSX!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
welcome..but where the hell did you guys get 17cm?!

I just shoveled my driveway and didn't pull out the new snowblower b/c the snow was like max 6-7cm and was very light

·
unofficial city snowplow
837 Posts
Welcome to the club!

We got tons of snow here in Ottawa too! but definitely not 15cm...

Congrats on the pickup, it's great to have more Canadian members. But about your 'lowering springs for now', if you end up doing that you'll just blow your stock shocks. But you've got all winter to think it through :p

·
You see me? I CU2
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't think it was 17 cm in my area maybe around 10cm, the problem is that soon as the weather changes people don't know how to drive suddenly.

Congrats on the pickup, it's great to have more Canadian members. But about your 'lowering springs for now', if you end up doing that you'll just blow your stock shocks. But you've got all winter to think it through :p
The dealership said they don't really record or pay too much attention if the car is lowered a a little bit, as long as its not slammed to the ground, which would be nice but we don't have Cali roads lol, his words exactly were "As long as we can drive it onto the lift you should be ok" But I will seriously consider going to coilovers. Anyone have experience with the Megan EZ Street Coilovers? I believe one of the vendors on here sells them.

Another question in regards to bluetooth. When the phone is near the car, does it automatically link up? or must u do it manually?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Yeah I wasn't shoveling much more than 10cm in my area, but I was being general for the GTA since the weathernetwork said we apparently got 17cm:dunno: I think that was measured at Pearson though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts