Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from the dealer - my brakes have a bobble when I hit them reasonably hard from 60 mph. You hit them lightly, they are fine, you hit them hard they are fine, but you hit somewhere in between, a bit of a bobble. It's gotten better but I had dealer look at.

Inner rear pads are thin. Doesn't need to be changed this second, but thin. I've read that this seems to be a TSX and Accord problem? I'm still stumped, I do a lot of highway driving - my Pathfinder went more than 40k on front brakes and still had original rear drums at 120k miles.

First, not giving the dealer $350. I was told that on gen 1 TSX, 12mm socket and screw in caliper and you're done. Anyone know if 2009 is as easy? It sure looked simple when I looked at it on lift with wheel off.

I tend to not turn rotors - they get a shine back so quick, it just doesn't pay - can you not turn rear rotor on TSX when changing pads?

Second, does anyone have recommendation on possibly better pad, that would last longer and perform well (if not better, brakes are one area of car that don't perform great). I'd rather spend a few more bucks on pads and not have to replace every 28k miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The rotors develop quite a bit of heat, front& rear so they develop hot spots, wobble when you step on the brake. I have 31K on my 2005 and I have to do the front brake pads as well as the rotors because of heat buildup on the rotors.
I would not turn the rotors because within 10K miles problem will reappear ( wobble) on the front brakes, possibly the rears. I would use OEM parts for the car front & rear because after market parts probably will be foreign as well as the Acura parts.
I don't have an good answer for this maybe a heavy duty Acura rotor ?? if they make one ?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
there's a class action suit about early rear brake pad wear

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm still waiting for my brakes to tear down. Then I can get Acura to pay for part of a Brembo setup.

Problem is, I don't know of anybody (over internet) who's done the Brembo's on the 2nd gen. I don't want to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2009 TSX Owner - bought the car is July 09 and 2 weeks into having the car noticed a squeaking noise with my brakes. Took it to the dealership and they told me that it was caused by "break dust" and that I shouldn't have the problem if the car is kept clean..??? (excuse my ranting but ... WTF?) I've taken the car for regular maintenance servicing twice, now. Both times, I've asked them to check the breaks and NOTHING. What's the deal with the squeaking???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts