Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think its about time i finally put some coilovers on my tsx. i was thinking tein but debating. anyone have any suggestions? BTW i use the car as a daily driver. i was thinking maybe tein street advance but whats the difference between that and the basic?
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
202 Posts
BC RACING BR TYPE XTREME DROP. KIT 12KG 8KG Nuff said yo I use it for daily and worth the buy took me almost two years b4 buying my first coils and thank God I got these. DD long distances with ghetto roads

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do u hit bumps pretty hard? i dont plan to have my car slammed but i still want it where im fairly above the tire not too low tho lol. alot of people said ther experience with teins was the ride felt too bouncy? hows yours feel?

·
Jeff
902 Posts
What do they mean by bouncy? Stiff and feel every bump in the rode, or feels like a boat?

I had Tein super streets and the ride was relatively close to stock, a bit firmer over certain roads but still a very comfortable ride. Felt more planted over ramps than stock as well. That was on softer settings.

I'm on HT spec type ones now, and the ride quality is a bit harsher, but still tolerable and a bit firmer than my soft set Tein SS.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh they said it felt more like a boat. Should i just stick with super street? Other than price wats the main diff between that and the basics? Am really new to coils so am quite clueless lol sorry

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I have tein street basis coilovers and imo they do not handle like a boat. There is significantly less bodyroll, brake dive, and squatting during acceleration compared to stock. On good roads with minor bumps, the handling is very smooth and comparable to stock however, the ride does get quite harsh (stiff) on crappy roads (potholes, big bumps, etc..). Depending on how the roads are where you drive, the super streets or SS coilovers with dampening adjustment (or any coilover with dampening adjustment) would be better for poorer road conditions.

For the price, I am quite happy with the tein basis coilovers. But if you are looking to take corners super fast, have zero bodyroll, brake dive, dampening adjustment, etc... you should consider coilovers that have a higher spring rate and better dampening adj. than the tein basis/SS/super streets.

·
Registered
856 Posts
BC BR Coilovers 5k/10k; that 12k/8k setup above seems. .odd.

Anyway, you're not going that low and probably not tracking, so you'll be set with default rates.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tein street basis coilovers and imo they do not handle like a boat. There is significantly less bodyroll, brake dive, and squatting during acceleration compared to stock. On good roads with minor bumps, the handling is very smooth and comparable to stock however, the ride does get quite harsh (stiff) on crappy roads (potholes, big bumps, etc..). Depending on how the roads are where you drive, the super streets or SS coilovers with dampening adjustment (or any coilover with dampening adjustment) would be better for poorer road conditions.

For the price, I am quite happy with the tein basis coilovers. But if you are looking to take corners super fast, have zero bodyroll, brake dive, dampening adjustment, etc... you should consider coilovers that have a higher spring rate and better dampening adj. than the tein basis/SS/super streets.
Ok so is it really worth the price difference? My goal basically is to just get a nice dropped look but nothing TOO LOW. Should I settle for the street basis or go advanced?

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Ok so is it really worth the price difference? My goal basically is to just get a nice dropped look but nothing TOO LOW. Should I settle for the street basis or go advanced?
I'd say that really depends on how bad the roads are where you live. If the roads are rough, lots of bumps, potholes, uneven pavement, etc... than definitely spend the extra money for the SS/street advance for the dampening adjustment. In terms of drop range, both the basis/basic and SS/street advance will allow you to tuck in the front and go down to 1 finger gap in the rear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd say that really depends on how bad the roads are where you live. If the roads are rough, lots of bumps, potholes, uneven pavement, etc... than definitely spend the extra money for the SS/street advance. In terms of drop range, both the basis/basic and SS/street advance will allow you to tuck in the front and go down to 1 finger gap in the rear.
Yeah the streets are pretty bad here I'm thinking to jus go advance just to get a comfortable ride.thanks allot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.