Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm having some trouble with my TSX Navi Radio.
I performed TSB B04-021 trying to cure the rarely functioning clock/HVAC display. After taking the radio out and swapping the PCBAs and re installing my clock is not displaying gibberish. In addition my radio audio functions don't work. Pressing the buttons on the dash doesn't allow me to bring up the radio channel select screen or anything like that. I can eject CDs, and I see some responses in the gibberish on the clock display when I press buttons.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just swapped the Circuit boards. I used PN: 3917A-SEC-A51RM

I did not see anything visually wrong with the PCBA I took out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
About all you can do is pull it out again. Check the connectors carefully, and also look for any cracked solder connections on the board.

If the PCB was used, you never know what might have been wrong with it.

I don't recall what the correct PN is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Merlin I swapped back to my old board and it's working like it did before.
It appears that the clock is getting intermittent backlight power. Do you or anyone else know which diode needs replacing/which part of the PCBA circuit is responsible for the backlight?
Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Info in these links. I ended up not doing it myself because my CD had failed and I wanted bluetooth so I ended up replacing the entire upper console with an aftermarket unit.

I have a OEM new navi PCB at home that I never installed, if you're interested I can check the part# when I get home next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts