Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
oh so so fresh
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has come up various times, but i looked through the search option and i could not find out "HOW DO I KNOW THAT MY CLUTCH IS BAD"

I have been driving my tsx for quite some time now, ya know about 3500 miles. After a couple of hard runs i get this putrid smell which is not so pleasant. So i stopped doing so and then all of a sudden i got this urge to push it a little bit today and the smell came back. anyways it now feels that my car is lagging in what they say "catching the gears" and it feels as though that i have to rev higher to get a smooth shift. If this makes sense to anyone, please advise on what i should do? Is it time to ask the dealer? and yes i know "don't drive hard anymore." But really, if someone knows how to figure out if your clutch is bad let me know. Thanks, your response is really appreciated.

FYI: i am a beginner to the manual transmission but i am not bad, i actually don't burn the clutch as others do. I am very careful not to do so but sometimes it has happened (hard launches, taking off in second gear on accident) but nothing too major.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.