Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help finding a manual transmission for my 2004 tsx.
its really hard to find. i mean i looked everywhere and all i can find locally is automatic. and
to rebuild im looking somewhere around 3-4 grand
if seen some trannys for a 2006-2008 tsx and my question is will it work on my 04 tsx been looking online for info but cant find any on it
found a really good deal on one and i just dont want to waste my money if it doesnt
thank you for the help

·
Registered
176 Posts
Any TSX transmission from a 1st Gen (04-08) will work. The ASP3 transmission from the Accord Euro-R will also bolt right in, and has shorter gears+LSD. If you swap in an ASP3 your 6th gear cruising RPM will be higher thou. When I did mine I swapped my TSX 6th gear into the ASP3 box. Shorter 2-5, LSD and the same cruising speeds as before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It will work I have an 04 myself 2 years ago I put a 2008 6mt. I believe my mechanic had said he had to swap over a sensor on the outside. So the key thing is keep your old transmission and use the accessories off of it, if you get a newer year. It will bolt up fine. Some other things to consider is if you want LSD, this would be the time to do it. Also since I had the transmission out it’s actually the shop was able to install new axles without additional cost. So if you are getting violent shakes. Put a few more hundred and rebuild or replace that axle.

I found mine on eBay but the vendor was lkq so that was good. If you are on Facebook tsx marketplace I’ve seen one pop up every often often

·
Registered
13 Posts
need help finding a manual transmission for my 2004 tsx.
its really hard to find. i mean i looked everywhere and all i can find locally is automatic. and
to rebuild im looking somewhere around 3-4 grand
if seen some trannys for a 2006-2008 tsx and my question is will it work on my 04 tsx been looking online for info but cant find any on it
found a really good deal on one and i just dont want to waste my money if it doesnt
thank you for the help
There is a used one on eBay right now for $950. High mileage but probably ok. I bought a used one for $950 a couple of years ago and 60,000 miles ago and it's still working. My car currently has 312,000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts