Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help finding a manual transmission for my 2004 tsx.
its really hard to find. i mean i looked everywhere and all i can find locally is automatic. and
to rebuild im looking somewhere around 3-4 grand
if seen some trannys for a 2006-2008 tsx and my question is will it work on my 04 tsx been looking online for info but cant find any on it
found a really good deal on one and i just dont want to waste my money if it doesnt
thank you for the help

·
Registered
383 Posts
Any TSX transmission from a 1st Gen (04-08) will work. The ASP3 transmission from the Accord Euro-R will also bolt right in, and has shorter gears+LSD. If you swap in an ASP3 your 6th gear cruising RPM will be higher thou. When I did mine I swapped my TSX 6th gear into the ASP3 box. Shorter 2-5, LSD and the same cruising speeds as before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It will work I have an 04 myself 2 years ago I put a 2008 6mt. I believe my mechanic had said he had to swap over a sensor on the outside. So the key thing is keep your old transmission and use the accessories off of it, if you get a newer year. It will bolt up fine. Some other things to consider is if you want LSD, this would be the time to do it. Also since I had the transmission out it’s actually the shop was able to install new axles without additional cost. So if you are getting violent shakes. Put a few more hundred and rebuild or replace that axle.

I found mine on eBay but the vendor was lkq so that was good. If you are on Facebook tsx marketplace I’ve seen one pop up every often often

·
Registered
14 Posts
need help finding a manual transmission for my 2004 tsx.
its really hard to find. i mean i looked everywhere and all i can find locally is automatic. and
to rebuild im looking somewhere around 3-4 grand
if seen some trannys for a 2006-2008 tsx and my question is will it work on my 04 tsx been looking online for info but cant find any on it
found a really good deal on one and i just dont want to waste my money if it doesnt
thank you for the help
There is a used one on eBay right now for $950. High mileage but probably ok. I bought a used one for $950 a couple of years ago and 60,000 miles ago and it's still working. My car currently has 312,000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any TSX transmission from a 1st Gen (04-08) will work. The ASP3 transmission from the Accord Euro-R will also bolt right in, and has shorter gears+LSD. If you swap in an ASP3 your 6th gear cruising RPM will be higher thou. When I did mine I swapped my TSX 6th gear into the ASP3 box. Shorter 2-5, LSD and the same cruising speeds as before.
Hi.. Can You tell me where you got your ASP3 tranny from?? I'm looking for one but have been unsuccessful as yet. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
the USDM 03-07 Accords with 5 speed casings are exactly the same case as the cl7,and unlike the TSX, is made of 100% aluminum...part # 21200-RAP-000 vs our TSX magnesium/aluminum alloy,which is softer, part # 21200-RAR-M00. Swap 6 speed guts and gear selector into us market 2.4 Accord 5 speed case, and you have a ''CL7' 'transmission

1 - 7 of 7 Posts