Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so when I was filling up today, I notice that there was some gas leaking from the side rear bumper...while I was pumping gas!

I filled it up till it was full, and the pump clicked at least twice. What I dont get is why the gas leaked from the rear bumper, and not thru the hole where you put the gas in. If its full full...wouldn't the pump just keep clicking preventing me to put more gas in?

My guess would be a leak (maybe a bad gasket) somewhere from the pipe to the gas tank.

I wont be able to get this checked until friday, hopefully ill be safe driving like this :(

Thats where the gas came gushing down

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
i dont think anybody in here has ever gotten a gas leak in their TSX, and the pump shouldve stopped pumping if your car is full of gas. unless the pump was not working you can probably have city do inspection on the gas station where you pumped just to test and see if it was their problem or not..

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
You overfilled the tank. There's a drain and that's why it came from under rear bumper and not the fill hole. Could saturate the charcoal canister and potential screw up the evaporative emissions system.

·
g0t TSX?
41 Posts
this happened to me today...Im a new 06 TSX owner and it started happening when i was starting to pump gas....?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts