Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry no pics rights now since I just got home.
But while parking i didnt realize how high the brick thing in the parking space
was and when i parked and came back to the car i noticed my right side went over it. It was high and it scratched the lower right side of the bumper.

The scratches are very deep that it looks like it penetrated through. I hope buffering it will be enough. Anyway i need some prices here guyz...

Its a very small section around 5 inches wide and 2 inches in height in the very lower part of the right side of the bumper.

How much would repainting and buffering that cost... If its too deep that it needs to be replaced how much would that cost?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Repaint would be highly the resolution choice, you wouldn't need to replace the bumper. Best to check with your local smash repairs on a "ballpark" pricing.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Its kinda hard to say, but from what you described it sounds like its going to be a $475 fix, maybe more. These kind of scratches will be hard to buff out when they penetrated through the paint. The insurance company would usually opt to replace the whole bumper.

Take pics if you can, this will give me as well as others how bad the scratch is.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agent_Chen said:
Its kinda hard to say, but from what you described it sounds like its going to be a $475 fix, maybe more. These kind of scratches will be hard to buff out when they penetrated through the paint. The insurance company would usually opt to replace the whole bumper.

Take pics if you can, this will give me as well as others how bad the scratch is.
i dont think id want to put this on the insurance heh

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
sorry to hear that, ouch.

Post some pics man so we all know what we are talking about

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
The front lip of the body kit can definitely cover that.

Tell your folks you will become :007: if they hurt you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it looks like the bumper itself is fine. How much does it cost to buff and repaint the bumper? Anyone know good paint shops in Los Angeles area?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had virtually the exact same damage to the front bumper of my '99 Beetle ... I just got it repaired last month before I sold it. I'm in Vancouver and took it to a Crafstman Collision shop ... total bill was $518 CAN (including use of a coutesy car for a day). Looked perfect when it was done ... they just pasted a little filler in there, sanded and painted. Good as new.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Ransak said:
Looked perfect when it was done ... they just pasted a little filler in there, sanded and painted. Good as new.

Like I said in the Im, thats all there gonna need to do... shouldnt be around the 300$ Mark US

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow, that didn't take long.

Oh well, it's happenned to all of us at some point or another. If your parents do get really pissed, remind them of that fact.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
But you might as well spend the money on the front lip man

·
Registered
24 Posts
A front lip will run you about $280 and the installation is pretty much self-explanatory. So if the cost of fixing it is about the same price, I would definitely go for the lip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts