Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help installing my new in dash touchscreen... I have already made a custom conversion kit and I'm installing it under the climate control... All was good until I soldered the wiring harness and plugged it into the stock deck wires(the power that goes into the stock head unit is now connected to the Kenwood deck)... So the stock head unit doesn't turn on without that plug and neither does the Kenwood deck? Any idea what I got wrong here? Or any good DIY that shows how to do it would be a HUGE help!

Thanks in advance,

Pejan

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All I need is instructions on how to make a T harness.... Stock harness + Acura wiring harness... But I'm not sure what I need to do.. Do I need to cut off the stock harness and solder the wiring harness I bought? Or?

·
Registered
833 Posts
you need to split the power input into both decks so both of them work , you will lose the stock deck , only your aftermarket will work , along with losing stock deck you will lose your bluetooth, your steering wheel radio controls and ability to answer / make phone calls , the harness you need to buy is this Scosche HA09B Wire Harness to Connect an Aftermarket Stereo and splice the wires together with your headunit harness wires make sure you color match the wires correctly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you need to split the power input into both decks so both of them work , you will lose the stock deck , only your aftermarket will work , along with losing stock deck you will lose your bluetooth, your steering wheel radio controls and ability to answer / make phone calls , the harness you need to buy is this Scosche HA09B Wire Harness to Connect an Aftermarket Stereo and splice the wires together with your headunit harness wires make sure you color match the wires correctly.
I decided I only need the aftermarket deck to work... So I have to rewire all my speakers to the aftermarket deck to bypass the factory amp... Only thing is will my climate control work? Will it still get power? I'm a little confused.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Like i said in my previous post, buy the T harness for the accord, it splits the power to the factory deck which you need, if you dont have power running to your factory deck your climate controls will not work as they are all integrity into the same control board as the factory deck, once you get the harness all you have to do is color match all the wires with your aftermarket deck harness and connect them via soldering or crimping, make sure you ground the harness to the car chassis or it wont work, also make sure that the blue "Power Antenna" wire coming of off your aftermarket deck harness is connected with the blue "AMP REMOTE" wire on the T Harness, otherwise it will not work. there is no easier way to do it at the moment, the only other way you can do this is to gut the whole system and rewire everything separately. If you get stuck on doing this i believe that best buy can make the harness for you as long as you give them all the parts and they will most likely charge you a fee for making the harness as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like i said in my previous post, buy the T harness for the accord, it splits the power to the factory deck which you need, if you dont have power running to your factory deck your climate controls will not work as they are all integrity into the same control board as the factory deck, once you get the harness all you have to do is color match all the wires with your aftermarket deck harness and connect them via soldering or crimping, make sure you ground the harness to the car chassis or it wont work, also make sure that the blue "Power Antenna" wire coming of off your aftermarket deck harness is connected with the blue "AMP REMOTE" wire on the T Harness, otherwise it will not work. there is no easier way to do it at the moment, the only other way you can do this is to gut the whole system and rewire everything separately. If you get stuck on doing this i believe that best buy can make the harness for you as long as you give them all the parts and they will most likely charge you a fee for making the harness as well.

I rewired my whole car... Every speaker to the aftermarket deck. Much cleaner and SOOOOOO much louder because my 6x9's play vocals now. My climate control does work the only thing that doesn't is the lights so I'm not sure how hot the car is... I need to figure out a way to get that light on... I don't care about the factory deck anymore.... I never had bluetooth but now with my aftermarket deck I do... LOVE BLUETOOTH! Let me know if anyone knows how to get the lights in my climate control back to working :(.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.