Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a TSX, the 04-08 model is the car that I want.

There is a big difference in prices, but more importantly a difference between features that certain models have on paper.

Now the 06 seems like a good middle ground. It doesn't seem like I will be missing much from the 07-08 models on paper. Though I do hear that the 07-08 TSX are a bit more reliable, is this true?

If I did say get an 05, would I look at the 08 and want one instead because the feature will be useful to me when I drive the car? Is there a feature that the 08 has over the 05 that really matters?

Is the tire pressure sensor a feature of the 07+ that I will miss? No way. Is the 5hp difference in 06+ something that I will miss? Quite possibly if I can tell a difference.

One thing that I must have is a USB so I'll be switching out the head unit right away. The head unit that I will put in has an AUX input anyway, so that difference won't matter.

What do you say?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Is the tire pressure sensor a feature of the 07+ that I will miss? No way. Is the 5hp difference in 06+ something that I will miss? Quite possibly if I can tell a difference.

One thing that I must have is a USB so I'll be switching out the head unit right away. The head unit that I will put in has an AUX input anyway, so that difference won't matter.

What do you say?
TPMS is something you would want to get rid of, not have as an added feature, IMO. Unless you're going to keep the OEM wheels, then TPMS is somewhat worthwhile.

It seems like that 5hp difference is important to your purchase, so I would get an '06. You can get a Hondata Reflash for the 06, but not for 07-08.

Another thing to be aware of is that the headunit cannot be changed that easily. You're going to need to use the MP3 attachment kit and do a bit of custom wiring for the headunit. There's no dash kit available for the TSX.

Good luck with your purchase!

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
2004 tsx is the lightest tsx... no power passenger seat -_-...
no memory seats
no XM radio
No Bluetooth
no heated door mirrors
the steering wheel is not illuminated
fogs are optional
-5 less hp than 06, but +1 more torque

True sports car lol

·
pedal damn it
2,898 Posts
I have an 05 AT and no complaints here.
However, if I were shopping today I would go for an 06 MT. This is the holy grail of TSX's for features, mods, and performance.

Actually the rare gem would be a 2006 MT PWP w/ ebony interior + navi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright I will get an 06 then.

It also happens to be the hardest one to find lol.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Alright I will get an 06 then.

It also happens to be the hardest one to find lol.

Thanks everyone.
You might notice they are hard to find, but that's just because you are probably seeing 08 models being sold by used car dealers. That's just because the 08 models are due for lease return. Back in 2009, it was hard to find anything but 05-06 models!

Keep looking. Best bet is to try cars.com. Be patient and don't settle for a color you don't want!

·
x T S X x
661 Posts
If you want a Raw TSX get a 2004! haha

I got mine mint... 6spd 1 owner with 37,000 miles... :festive:

But if I were to go back... 2006 all the way!

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
Another vote for 06. The extra power and slight interior and exterior tweaks are worth it. Also far less "first model year" issues to deal with than an 04. 06 6speed with navi would be ideal.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Threads like this with their valid point made my decision much easier when it came time. Another for '06

1 - 17 of 17 Posts