Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my wife own a 2004 acura tsx 6 speed, and im constantly running around and searching what to do?

-at acceleration, it lags even when the pedal is pushed all the way down and than it finally takes off.. but not alot it seems there is no power behind it, like alot of lag. and when it gets up to higher RPM's it has a whine sound to it, and ONLY under accelleration or going up hills the whole car has a sense of vibration to it.

-and when you go to shift into second gear, its very jumpy and jerks when it hits second gear. its been doing it even since we got the car last winter

I've been searching and studying and asking everyone around me what possibly can be the problem?

so far i have done:
sea foam in the motor
fuel injector cleaner
reset the ecu
got the tires rotated and balance (brand new bridgestone tires)
transmission flush
took apart the intake tube and cleaned it
cleaned out the air box
new air filter
cleaned the manifold inlet-and butterfly valve
cleaned out the pcv valve on the intake pipe
new axles and axle seals

im gettting no where and nothing has changed!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I am not 100% sure because i would have to drive it , but if you got the pedal all the way down and it lags at accelleration it sounds like it could be the clutch not gripping the flywheel and not transfering the power to the wheels . i had a similar problem in my civic few years ago and it did the same thing youre describing , have you had your mechanic check the car out ? go to your local acura dealer and have one of the techs drive it , they might be able to tell you more but to me it sounds like possibly bad clutch

~De5

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I am not 100% sure because i would have to drive it , but if you got the pedal all the way down and it lags at accelleration it sounds like it could be the clutch not gripping the flywheel and not transfering the power to the wheels . i had a similar problem in my civic few years ago and it did the same thing youre describing , have you had your mechanic check the car out ? go to your local acura dealer and have one of the techs drive it , they might be able to tell you more but to me it sounds like possibly bad clutch

~De5
The only way it would be this is if under full load up a hill the RPMs shoot up with the car not accelerating. This would mean the clutch is slipping. Also this would smell terrible.

What I would do is remove the intake piping to the Throttle Body. Have someone look at the butter fly valve as you press the gas pedal SLOWLY and SMOOTHLY(with the car in the ON position but NOT running). You should see the throttle open and close just as smoothly and slowly, if you see any jerkyness, hesitation you may need a new TB or a new pedal assembly(forget what that part is called).

What gas are you using?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only way it would be this is if under full load up a hill the RPMs shoot up with the car not accelerating. This would mean the clutch is slipping. Also this would smell terrible.

What I would do is remove the intake piping to the Throttle Body. Have someone look at the butter fly valve as you press the gas pedal SLOWLY and SMOOTHLY(with the car in the ON position but NOT running). You should see the throttle open and close just as smoothly and slowly, if you see any jerkyness, hesitation you may need a new TB or a new pedal assembly(forget what that part is called).

What gas are you using?
Only shell 93

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Two things come up. Check your catalytic converter. If its clogged it will cause hesitation. Second, since these cars are drive by wire, check the connection for all the DBW.

The first think that come up is the pedal position sensor, which gives these exact problems. But, you should have the traction control light on with some others on the dash.

Search DBW in this thread, you will get more info on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two things come up. Check your catalytic converter. If its clogged it will cause hesitation. Second, since these cars are drive by wire, check the connection for all the DBW.

The first think that come up is the pedal position sensor, which gives these exact problems. But, you should have the traction control light on with some others on the dash.

Search DBW in this thread, you will get more info on it.
hmmm the tcs light does come on randonly on occasion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts