Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been lurking ever since I bought my sister in laws 2012 TSX 4 cylinder automatic in October. It's got a bit over 62k miles on it.

Over the weekend we did the brakes and an intake and overall it went really well though we ended up with an extra part that ended up between the rear of the new rotor and the dust shield looking thing the rotor kind of tucks into. As far as I can tell it hasn't affected anything (I have a few hundred miles on it so far since doing the brakes) but since it came from the passenger rear rotor area I want to make sure it doesn't need to be put back in.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!
Brian

Attachments

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
From what I can tell, but i have never tinkered on a 2nd gen before, is that it's one of those washers that usually stay on the bolt, cannot be (easily) removed. See those 3 'tabs'? They get bent up or down, once the washer is on the bolt, keeping it in place. Looks like the one 'tab' is turned down/opposite of the other 2, meaning it probably came off when you took the bolt out. From my view, and i don't know how close you zoomed in, I would say it is from an m10 or m12 thread/bolt, so either suspension, or brakes. Do you really need it? Hmm.. if those tabs work as a 'screw safe' keeping it from loosening itself, then yeah, i'd put it back...

ACC-Man

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Yes true, compaired the 3 pics. the tab is not bent up or down.. the only thing i can offer as advice: go to the oemacuraparts.com site. pull up your year vehicle, then look at the subcatagories, of the parts you worked on.. maybe there it can be found.. sometimes the descriptions they offer are helpful: Washer M10 Dia 20mm... not often, but you do find the odd helper..
ACC-Man

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
Was helping another member get some info off the service manual for doing brakes.

That clip looks like the "plate" in the service manual, page 19-32 that goes between each of the two caliper bracket and mounting bolt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.