Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the rear deck and rear passenger speakers in my 04 tsx. Both sets of speakers worked well and the sound was great. But then today all of a sudden, there is no sound coming out from any of the rear speakers. All the sound is coming only from the front speakers. I checked the fade settings but that wasn't the problem.

Does anyone have any idea why my speakers would just stop working?

I'm still using the stock non-navi headunit and stock amplifier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pizzaman555 said:
The rear speakers only put out base no other sound.
I don't think you understood my post. The rear deck and rear passenger speakers do not emit sound, bass or otherwise.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
vacura said:
I recently replaced the rear deck and rear passenger speakers in my 04 tsx. Both sets of speakers worked well and the sound was great. But then today all of a sudden, there is no sound coming out from any of the rear speakers. All the sound is coming only from the front speakers. I checked the fade settings but that wasn't the problem.

Loose wiring would be the best bet, take out the door panel and check the speaker terminal. I'm guessing you used the stock wiring too, so it might be loose where you tapped into the stock wiring as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But how can it simply be a loose wire if all 4 of the speakers don't work. All of them worked properly after the install.

I used the wiring harnesses from circuit city that plug directly into the stock ones. I'm sure they didn't come loose.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
pizzaman555 said:
The amp must be messed up then.
or maybe blew a fuse (stock amp fuse is probably internal)..best bet is a loose wiring though..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: So it turns out that sometimes when I start my car, all the speakers work perfectly. However, other times the same result (no sound) happens when the rear door speakers (6") and the rear deck (6"x9"s) do not work. I verify that the speakers don't work by using the fade setting to the back.

I guess I'll have to check my stock amp. I think I ruled out the speakers, if the speaker wiring was wrong then the speakers would never work.

·
Registered
5 Posts

How about reinstalling the stock speakers and see if they work, that way you'll rule out the car wiring and know for sure it's the new speakers are at fault.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I ran into this issue multiple times while updating my speakers. I did front components first, then rear deck a few months later, and finally rear doors a couple years after the rest. Each time, for the next week or so, the back 4 speakers would only work when they wanted to. Then they would eventually work all the time.
I have no idea why this happened, but it always sorted itself out. Maybe the amp got confused because the loads changed... But learned to adapt?
All I can say is, it's been over 3 years since I finished installing all my speakers and everything has worked and continues to work flawlessly after those first few weird days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts