Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone,

Does anyone have any suggestions for which coil overs are the best for NYC streets? Im trying to drop my 2nd gen tsx and also want to be able to floor it when i want. Any advice i appreciate it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would go with any rebuildable coilover. I have Function Form but I'm not sure they make it for the 2nd gen, nor would I recommend them, I got them because they were cheap, and it shows in the build quality.

Any rebuildable coilover should be fine, just understand that in the event you need it rebuilt you may have downtime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. i mostly looking to order new coil overs so that way i don't deal with any headaches.but i was looking @ tein ss and kw street comfort. just wanna get a decent pair that will last a long time. especially on ny streets which are messed up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yea I drive in NYC and NJ daily. I know that Tein SS requires you to send them out to be rebuilt ($75 per shock) and a few days of downtime. The quality on Tein SS is awesome though.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I have buddy club n+ and they are comfortable for NY streets. I live in Queens lol.

I dont care personally for a rebuild, I bought them under them impression for their comfort and reliability. I dont plan to keep them for over 30k miles anyways. If anything does happen, I'll just go for a replacement.

I was opting for the SS/SA but wasn't too thrilled about the fact that its a twintube.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
If you want comfort, go with Tein ComfortSport (CS). Rides like stock, maybe more comfortable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts