Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im really looking to buy a new intake but i don't know which one i can get which is the closest to the original intake box and still get that nice deep tone in the intake and pass my smog check which i have to do in 2 months, i was really gonna wait but i really want one now can someone please help me find a intake that's the closest to original so i can pass smog

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
+1 on icebox.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
icebox fits your needs. the comptech icebox is C.A.R.B legal so yes you will pass smog.

you could also get a short ram and swap it out once a year with the stock to pass smog. short rams are very very very easy to install.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just removed the Resonator and used part of the tubing from the Resonator to create something similar to the Icebox. There is a write-up on here somewhere. I've never tried other intakes on my TSX BUT I gotto say that it does feel more responsive. It could just be me though.

·
Somthing new
171 Posts
if your going to go the route of replacing it every year and getting a short ram, i have the weapon r secret intake and i love it. Everyone who has herd my car was impressed as well. and also looks great in the engine bay.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright for sure thanx everyone for the help and i will go with the comptech icebox and look around for short ram intakes, see wat kinda deals i can get. Maybe u guys kno where i can get some cheap ones on either... thanx again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts