Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking everywhere and can't really find much on the set up I'm looking into getting (for a 04 TSX) which is

18x9.5 +35 wheels
235/35/18 tires
with a 1.9 in drop in the front and a 1.4in drop in the rear
(lowering springs no coilovers)

or would I be better off getting

18x8.5 +35 wheels
225/40/18 tires
same springs

Not looking for the crazy "HellaFlush stretched tire" look just a clean fitment with no issues for a daily driver.

My question is would I rub or have any problems with either set up or need to roll and pull the fenders (mainly the 18x9.5 +35 235/35/18 set up) on the little drop that I will have.

If someone can please spare some knowledge I would very much appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be too much poke cause I know stock offset is +55 what if I go with those skunk2 coilover sleave kit I know there's as much as a 3in drop on those (I'm on a part time job budget lol) thanks for the fast comment

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Is this only for looking purpose because, the less you drop, the wider you can go. My 2 cents...
You will rub without the natural camber unless you are running extreme springs rates. That is why he is telling you that it's not enough drop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep it is, and a daily driver. I just don't want to rub or anything. Its no problem I can get the fenders rolled, but I just want to know the widest wheel I can go with the least amount of modding (fender pulling, camber kits, spacers)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will rub without the natural camber unless you are running extreme springs rates. That is why he is telling you that it's not enough drop.
Ahh I see. I just haven't seen tsx's with a set up similar to what im trying to go with. Or any with the cheap ($270) Skunk2 coilover sleeves so I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I make a $900 purchase on wheels.

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
An 8 or 8.5 would be ideal with a high offset. Natural camber is your friend but you want to go lower so you can take advantage of it.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.