Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
THC™ Conglomerate
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the passenger side switches for the power seat. I have come here to ask if anyone knows how to get to that part in order to replace it. The switch that moves the back part of the seat doesn't move back and in an effort to try to wiggle the switch, I've managed to nudge the back of the seat in a position that renders it useless. It's stuck looking like an acute angle lmaoo. Any kind of help or direction is appreciated.

·
THC™ Conglomerate
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's the part. I found it on ebay, used but way cheaper and with the knobs already. Pretty much parts 23,24 and 25. I just need some instruction on what I need to remove to actually replace it. Like if I don't have to take the entire seat out or maybe I do, what tools I might need. Any information helps!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, that's the part. I found it on ebay, used but way cheaper and with the knobs already. Pretty much parts 23,24 and 25. I just need some instruction on what I need to remove to actually replace it. Like if I don't have to take the entire seat out or maybe I do, what tools I might need. Any information helps!
Any time you need to remove a seat, PLEASE PLEASE disconnect the battery, before working on the seat. After that, I would think working on the seat would be easier if you removed or unbolted it to see the underside.

I've never worked, nor removed my seats so I can't help. But I think once you got it out where you can see it, you should be able to figure it out. Just remember disconnect the battery, wait 10 min or so, and DON'T hook it back up until the seat and all it's connections are back in or you could run into a SRS light.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I 2nd disconnecting the battery before you begin. HOWEVER, position the seat so that you can access all the bolts for the seat rails before you disconnect the battery.

Next, unbolt and disconnect seat. Remove from vehicle. This would be a good time to clean the carpet, stains on the console, etc. perhaps remove the driver’s seat as well.

This can be done by unbolting the seat and tipping it back to release clips/connectors/trim fasteners but it’s a little easier with the seat up on a bench or sawhorses

1 - 5 of 5 Posts