Acura TSX Forum banner

help regarding maintainance.

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tsxer 
#1 ·
Hi every one...

I have a question regarding service of my tsx. When I purchased it 10 months ago , the dealer told me to bring it in at 10,000 miles or a year which ever comes first. There are currently 9000 miles on it but when I read some of the posts saying that an oil change is a must at 5000 , it scared the hell outta me.
Should I get an oil chnage immediately or wait till 10,000 ?

Also , if I take it to the dealer , how much do they charge for the 10,000 mile scheduled mainatainance ? and is there a cheaper option ?

I shall be obliged.

#2 ·
welcome to the forum TSXER (wow surprised that name wasn't already taken)

Nothing to be scared.
10K IS indeed the factory recommended oil change interval.
(Suggest you read the manual if you haven't already)

There are people who do first oil at 3k or insisting on synthetic oil - neither are recommended by Honda.

>> 10,000 mile scheduled mainatainance
that's ONLY oil/filter change. Usually $39.95 at dealer.

It's just oil change so you can take to any place really. standard is round $19.95 I'd buy Honda filter & oil tho.

#3 ·
Here in california , acura dealers charge 170$ for the 10,000 mile scheduled maintainance.......rip offs !! but I am wondering if i get the oil change from some place else , would it void my manufacturers warranty ??

would appreciate your reply.
thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.