Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm starting to get rust on my (06 tsx CGP) passenger side front fender right next to the bumper.

What would you guys recommend?

Where can i get it fixed (GTA)?

How much would it cost?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Post photos or a better description of the rust, affected area, spread, etc. and I'm sure some of us will be able to chime in with feedback.

Quite odd for a 2006 model to have rust already. Was the car involved in an accident before?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
Hondas are known to rust around the wheel wells rather quickly.

There's also a spot that was pointed out by a TSX member. Open your passenger door and look under the door pocket. There is rust that runs along side the door there as well.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
You mustve had some major stone chip there or an accident for it to start rusting.

Prob looking at 300-400 to repaint the fender

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
A stone chip for sure would have initiated such rust to occur. Plus rust will build up first along edges and creases, not to mention Honda's do rust more than other cars so I would suggest rustproofing each year before winter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
don't mean to topic "jack" but are there anyways to get rid of rust spots on my hood due to stones which caused paint chipping? i have a few and I'm just curious

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
To prevent stone chips on metal body panels from rusting, you must put touch up paint over it to seal it from moisture.

·
Registered
227 Posts
04 with 200k on it, no boby rust, just rail dust but that can be remove by clay barring my car, only rust spots are just the two or three on my hood from stone chips, donno how your 06 is rusting already, do you part your car in a garage or indoors over the winters?, if so it could explan why your car is starting to rust already, cause when you park indoors in the winter, any salt that on your car with start to travel into all the seems (ie. the seem between the back bumper and the fender) from the snow melting, i try to only wash my car about once a month during the winter as to keep the snow and salt frozen onto my car, helps prevents rusting, but we do live in canada and no matter what you do or how hard to try, the salt is just gonna eat your car lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
why does your bumper fit like shit and your getting rust cause your bumper is rubbing out the paint and the water is just sitting on unprotected sheet metal, was your car hit or something? see if you can get your bumper to fit better and buy some touch up paint and just fill in the area where the paint is gone, it doesnt have to be perfect cause your not gonna see it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
don't know if my car was hit it was my uncle's car
he gave it to my dad before he went back to England.

So what do you guys think is best thing to do

·
Registered
227 Posts
take off the front bumper and look and see if anything is bent, if not try to put the bumper as far forward as possible when your re-installing it, also check your fender gaps make sure they are good and even and not pushed forward too, try that and see how it fits, then buy touch up paint and fill in the rusted areas and just keep a eye on it, or take it to a body shop and asked them what they would do and do the work yourself, i do that all the time lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts