Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 TSX (140k miles), battery is 1.5 years old, and everything was fine. Last night my mom went to work and this morning when she came out in the parking lot, the car had no power.

This is what she told me:

1. key fob won't open door
2. windows, lights, dash, no power.
3. try to start the car, no power, no crank.
4. triple A tow truck came to jump the car. Triple A says battery seems ok but no power.
5. she is towing the car back to her house

I am going over to my parents tomorrow but does anyone know what causes a sudden issue like this?

And where do I begin the basic diagnostics?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If there is power in the battery and the car is flat ass dead. No dings, no lights, no clicks when you turn the key-then it's a main fuse under the hood. It's going to be shaped funny and is either 90-100amps and held in with screws. You can get a replacement from a Honda or Acura dealership.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My parents had a friend mechanic come over and check it out. It turns out that the car keeps blowing the 100A fuse. Does anyone know what is between the 100 amp battery fuse and the rest of the components after it that would blow?

starter?
alternator?

He said he already disconnected the alternator plugs and he still got a spark when he connected the battery.

Is it possible now that the starter could be shorted?

The last thing that happened that my mom said was she was able to unlock the car with the key fob, step into the car, and then try to turn the engine over and BAM. The car died. So maybe as the starter tried to engage, it blew ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I love being right lol.

As far as fixing it-that I'm not sure of. It could be a number of things causing the short. It might be time for a trip to the Acura service center.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a multi-meter to test the devices. But is it possible that the starter or alternator would have an internal short? That doesn't seem likely though does it?

I know that the mechanic disconnected the alternator. What else could there be?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.