Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wanted to know if anyone could help me. i have a 2006 acura tsx 6speed with 110,000 miles. and having been having a issue with the engine on a startup rattle sound for about 3 sec after i leave my engine off for 6 hour+ or until its cooled off. its been going on for months and sick of it. i changed the timing chain and chain tensioner new from the dealer thinking that could be the issue and nothing. i have done lots of research and found out that some hondas and 09 tsx have a issue like my car saying it could be the VTC Actuator... i have had any 04 tsx with 200+ miles and two rsx and never had this problem with a k series engine.

just would like to know if anyone can help me please also any in put on a valve adjustment for this engine and if its needed at a point?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I would think if its on a cold start, its related to lack of oil in the head/oil being in the sump and not circulated.

Coincidentally, I had this same problem when I had my tsx (06 6 speed), on cold starts as well. I always checked my oil levels after an oil change and it varied from 3.5qts to 4. I also changed my oil no less than 7500 miles lol.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had this issue on one of my cars with 160k miles. The chain tensioners were becoming weak and it didn't help that the oil drains back very easily.

Luckily, replacing 1 qt. of oil with LUCAS oil stabilizer quieted cold starts. Never had an issue with it and it is safe for standard or syn oil. Obviously this is a "band-aid" fix but if it quiets down for you, then at least you'll know the chain isn't slapping around until its tensioned.

·
Registered
874 Posts
having same issue 71,000miles, read about the VTC actuator Replaced new/used and vtec solenoid. still get this rattling, i thought it was my header but its not.so you guys are saying it could be the chain tensioner? is this hard to replace? i can take the valve cover off no problem just feel weird touching the chain or cams or VTC wheel. anyone have a picture of the location? i guess i could try and replace it see if its the fix, i would think at 70,000 miles i wouldn't need to touch chain or anything in that area. KEEP me posted please/ thank you

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hate bringing this stuff back to life but being that mines an 06 too I'm curious if anyone found out the issue? I know the VTC is common problem on Hondas past 09. Worried it might be my chain but I don't want to jump to the costly conclusion of replacing that b*tch.

·
Registered
710 Posts
For CU2 not CL9 as I know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.