Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i havent posted in a while because i didnt have much time to work on my car. But finally i ordered the mugen grillle from kingmotorsports. Anyways i was wondering how the fitment is and if i would need to get it professionally installed or if its just a simple bolt on process. thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Fitment is fair-it is designed for the much shorter JDM front bumper as opposed to our federally mandated 5mph bumpers which protrude quite a bit more. It will have a slight gap at the bottom. Hardly noticeable on darker colors.......

In order for it to look good, several things must happen:

1.) Get it painted by a good shop-make sure they leave the top crossmember and the mesh black.

2.) Get the JDM radiator cover-it's doesn't line up with the USDM cover.

3.) Get the JDM hood trim from the Euro-R -it's available pre-painted to match your car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Heres a pic of the mugen grill installed on my car

Fitment is decent i dont really have that much gap at the bottom, But i do need the jdm rad cover

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
its part of the grill thats why the jdm rad cover is needed

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
Acutally arent you supposed to paint that peice black? Then it doesnt stand out like that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The radiator cover is not gonna prevent it from looking like shit. I think you should get that piece repainted, black. :donno: They can be bought prepainted as well, not sure why you didn't do that to begin with.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i had no idea at the time that it can be bought pre painted, I prob will repaint that part flat black when i get the chance

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
cmf said:
The radiator cover is not gonna prevent it from looking like shit. I think you should get that piece repainted, black. :donno: They can be bought prepainted as well, not sure why you didn't do that to begin with.

Damn CMF, you tell him! :bill:

·
Registered
283 Posts
BlackTSX said:
Damn CMF, you tell him! :bill:
I didn't mean it like that really :D. There is so much information on two forums in regards to the TSX, it's a wonder some of the questions come up the way they do. If a bit more research was done prior to the purchase, he could have saved money and his car from looking weird.
I reasearched all my parts, for pricing and fitment issues. I would hope anyone spending large amounts of money would do the same before laying the cash out, regardless if you have a lot of it or not. :donno:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
cmf said:
I didn't mean it like that really :D. There is so much information on two forums in regards to the TSX, it's a wonder some of the questions come up the way they do. If a bit more research was done prior to the purchase, he could have saved money and his car from looking weird.
I reasearched all my parts, for pricing and fitment issues. I would hope anyone spending large amounts of money would do the same before laying the cash out, regardless if you have a lot of it or not. :donno:
:sprint: it's for ur own sake .. ~ and that's wut i do and will do .. ~ :)

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
cmf said:

Agreed, i just found it amusing how it looked there in that post. :ben:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mugen grill - JDM rad cover

Where can you buy the JDM radiator cover so you don't see that space underneath the hood?
Thanks
Evan

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
u can go to boomplustoy.net or AJ racing to get that parts .. ~
i believe BPT still has it in stock .. ~ send them an email .. ~
good luck bro .. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
You're still gonna see a gap under the hood. The cover just secures it in place better than the USDM one.
You won't even notice it if it's painted black. It just stands out really well in the picture posted since it's painted and the angle the picture was taken at.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts