Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I noticed a few rather loud "ding" sounds coming from somewhere under the car. "swaybar / suspension??" Today there was a loud metallic grinding noise which happened twice but for only one second intervals. What could there be wrong?

ps. my winter rims are quite close to the front calipers (6mm clearance approx) but I've driven on them for over 1000 kms and this is the first time I've heard this noise.

Weather is about - 20c. Could the cold be a problem?

Any input would be great!!
Thanks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Have you checked to see if there's contact? If not, definitely let your dealership look at it. It's hard to speculate what the problem is without looking at it unless it's a common occurance to the majority of owners.

·
Blakura
55 Posts
my car's doing that too...its coming from my suspensions and i would hear a clunking noise whenever i go over bumps and uneven surfaces...i guess its either the cold or my coilovers...although i never had this problem before but only in the winter time....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help Noel, as always!

I've looked and there has been no contact between the
rim and calipers, so I'm going to wash the car
tommrow when it gets warmer and go from there I guess.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TSXinity said:
my car's doing that too...its coming from my suspensions and i would hear a clunking noise whenever i go over bumps and uneven surfaces...i guess its either the cold or my coilovers...although i never had this problem before but only in the winter time....

yeah, I've never heard this sound in the summertime either.
Large dips in the road are especially bad for this.

G

·
I am a new owner, about 3 months now of silver '04 TSX Automatic. I have been experiencing the same metallic grinding noise under the car, to the right of my gas pedal, it only grinds when I reverse out of a parking spot, shift into drive and when I accelerate the grinding noise occurs for a few seconds, then no problem when I'm driving. I took it into the dealers and they said I was the 3rd person with the same problem. But they could not reproduce it when I brought it in. So i took it home, it was good for 2 days, then the grinding started back up again. Does anyone know what it could be?
P.s. I live in So Cal, although its been fairly cold out here w/ the storm, my car still makes the noise during warmer temps.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
T5>< said:
I am a new owner, about 3 months now of silver '04 TSX Automatic.
Hello, congrats, and welcome to the Club T5>< :wavey:

Joker - who is happy to see another member from SoCal :thumbsup:

G

·
Thanks Joker---Love HB, hang out there all the time.

Speedyturtle--FYI, I am going to get the grinding checked again, this time by the factory rep. If I find anything out...well let you know!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T5>< said:
Thanks Joker---Love HB, hang out there all the time.

Speedyturtle--FYI, I am going to get the grinding checked again, this time by the factory rep. If I find anything out...well let you know!

Thanks T5, the noise hasn't returned for the moment, but I'll update with anymore news.

G

·
Same Problem

T5>< said:
...it only grinds when I reverse out of a parking spot, shift into drive and when I accelerate the grinding noise occurs for a few seconds, then no problem when I'm driving.
I am the proud new owner of a 2005 TSX w/ Navi and I love my car. However I am hearing the same grinding noise after I reverse and start to drive, and it happens with my 6 MT. Has anyone figured out what is causing this noise or where it is coming from??

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Welcome to the club Thmnosteel. I would take the car to the dealership since it is under warrenty... i have a 04 model and have not heard anything....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts