Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month ago I got myself a 2009 Acura TSX 6-speed manual. When I received the vehicle the oil level was right where it needed to be. Then about a week after I got it my low oil warning light kept coming on so I went ahead and checked the oil level and it was bone dry, no oil on the dipstick. So I decided to get the oil changed and put in good quality oil hoping that it would solve the issue. Again I drove it for another week (in town driving), and I just checked the oil again and there was no oil! I wiped the dipstick and the oil that came off of it was tar black. It only has 63,000 miles on it, I checked everywhere for oil leaks and could not find anything, I assumed that the engine was just burning the oil but there is no smoke PERIOD coming out of the exhaust. Where is it all going?! Someone please advise me on what to do, I had my father (years of mechanic experience) look at it and was just as stumped as I was. I absolutely love the car and want to keep it but I need to figure out this oil problem! Thanks!

-Christopher

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
Not sure if you've found your answer yet. Google search or check the other acura forum. We're a tad bit more active over there.

The K24Z3 has oil consumption problems with the piston rings. Acura sent out an extended warranty about this time last year to owners for 8 yrs/ 125k miles or something. I have my notice at home, but don't have any oil consumption problems.

Your 1st step would be to visit your local Acura stealership and push for an oil consumption test. The tolerance is 1 qt per 5k miles or something along those lines, but per your post, it sounds like you are way over the tolerance and should get the warranty fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that isnt to good to hear! Ill just have to take it into the dealership and see what they can do for me. Hopefully it doesnt just apply to the original owner. If they do give me the warranty fix what would they do??

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
The warranty goes out to the current registered owner. It's not biased towards the 1st owner.

The fix essentially covers the piston and it's rings. The other Acura forum has a list of all the detailed work. A few of the members have had their cars covered and repaired by the warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if you solved your issue yet, new to the forum. I have an 09 TSX AT and there was a recall out the end of the last year due to oil consumption. Mine was using approximately 1/2-1 qt of oil every 1500 miles... way too much. check with the dealer and see if your car is about to be fixed under the recall. fix included replacing pistons and piston rings that were leaking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im a dumbs hit and didn't read the other replies but it looks like my answer was already given haha my bad. but yeah I'm owner #2 and got it fixed for free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts