Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my steering wheel has tons of play, turning the wheel about an inch of free play back and forth (loose I guess). I can actually hear something jaring around underneath the dash when hitting bumps in the road. Decided to pull the lower plastic panel today and check it out. The metal sleeve thats shown in the first picture is actually loose and rattling around. Is it missing a clip where it meets the splines at the bottom?
Also it looks as if it were jerked through the floorboard in the second picture but theres not much free play coming out of the firewall, just the top section.
I guess my question is, am I missing a part where the solid shaft meets the splines, or do I need to to go ahead and get another steering column.

Attachments

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I have no play at all...but once in a while (like if i drop the clutch fast, or clutch out into high rpms) I can feel a looseness within the rack. Like a clunk you feel but cant really hear.

Weird thing is, if I adjust (tilt up and down all the way and lock) the steering wheel that looseness feel goes away..till another bump or jar.

Thats as much as I can add in. Good luck man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts