Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my clutch/transmission and I can't seem to figure out what it is. thanks in advance for your help.

When I put my 04 6mt into gear it goes fine, all gears shift smoothly. The problem is when it is in gear 1-6 and I go into heavier acceleration its like it is in neutral, the engine just revs and is not catching any of the gears. So I can drive the car very modestly but never hard or it just like looses the gears. Any advice will help!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
This looks like the clutch is gone. If you did try it a couple times, it is most likely burned now and can just go worse.
Did this happen right away or with a progression getting worse?
How many miles on your '04?
This happens also in 1st gear, usually it is worse at low rpm's in higher gear as the torque is high but restriction is also high so clutch will slip.
Do you smell something when it is doing so?
If you drive slowly and it is fine, it is a good sign the clutch is slipping with high torque demand.
Hope this helps!
J~

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm approaching 99k and I bought the car with 90k so I dont know how it was driven. I figured it was the clutch but just wanted to make sure before I ripped everything appart. Thanks for the help! And there isn't a smell but it did happen progressive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts