Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 tsx just had the heads redone now I’m have all the codes with a misfire on my #3 plug please help

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you do not already have a really good code reader I would get this one. BlueDriver LSB2 Bluetooth Pro. The amount of data you can capture with this on a tablet or phone is amazing. It will list in order the most likely causes. You can also configure it to record while you are driving specific areas of the electronics to better help you diagnose what is causing your trouble code for the #3 plug. As there are a lot of reasons you can get this code, you will need to narrow down some more specifics areas of what is possibly causing the code without buying a lot of parts and trying things out one at a time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have a 2010 model. It is almost certainly the head gasket. Very common problem on the 09, 10 and 11 engines. The way I tested mine was I pulled the number three spark plug. Then cranked it over several times. Vaporized radiator fluid came out the threaded spark plug hole. It was very obvious. We had over 100,000 miles on the car. And they want to thousands of dollars to fix it. Found a 20,000 mile 2014 engine from Southern California and put it in for a little over $1000 total.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts