Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my 2013 S5 for almost a month. Despite have to fix the engine light issue after 2 days & 40 miles on a brand new car! Love this car. mainly is because of the look! 5 yr ago when we shop for the replacement on our E46 328i, we visited to an Audi dealer but with the attitude of the salesman and still not feel comfortable with Audi quality so we left and purchased a 335i coupe instead. However, even I put on lots of tasteful mod on my 335i (well at least that what I feel), a S5 still make our head turn everytime when we saw one on the street. So my wife made the decision to keep the TSX as a spare car and go for a S5 instead of trading in our TSX for a S4.

Haven't done a lot yet, here are what for now: 30% tint, h&r OE spring & 20F/25R spacer, supercharged badge & xenondepot 6500k hid fog and Last but not the least... 3 layer of zaino!

BTW, is the hid fog too blue? should I switch out to a 4300k bulb instead?

Here are some interior photo, love the red & black leather! so classy!

And here are some photo on my stable, love all of them[:D]

The drive of the Audi is very smooth and the 3.0 TFSI is very powerful in stock form. But I still prefer the more direct connect steering, shifter, throttle feel from the bimmer & TSX. The Audi is really feel as a fast luxury car instead of a sporty car.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Cars look great! I love the Audi! Hopefully you start to have better luck with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cars look great! I love the Audi! Hopefully you start to have better luck with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
My luck wasn't getting any better! After I have the Audi fixed, I brought in the TSX to fix some minor rusting spot behind the rear door handle. But end up the whole bottom was rusted seriously on both rear door! After spent an arm & leg to fix it and able to restore to perfect condition, the next day, my bimmer was engine overheated when running on 407! It was the famous water pump issue. So my bimmer stay with the dealer for a week to replace the waterpump. When I drove my TSX to picked up the bimmer from the dealer, a loud noise came out underneath and I am quite sure it is the exhaust leak! So I just have to deal with car issue for the whole month!!!:finger:

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,292 Posts
Shit you must be loaded man....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Some beautiful cars, my brother was looking at the S5 a few years back before he chose an S65 AMG, his fiance' talked him out of the 2 door haha that and the wait time was insane...

Beautiful cars none the less! Wonder how it feels to get back in the TSX after driving either the 335i and/or S5.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
very nice, awesome stable of cars (sick house/garage setup)

yes, 4300k for the fogs

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some beautiful cars, my brother was looking at the S5 a few years back before he chose an S65 AMG, his fiance' talked him out of the 2 door haha that and the wait time was insane...

Beautiful cars none the less! Wonder how it feels to get back in the TSX after driving either the 335i and/or S5.
Not as fast for sure but still hold up very good. I still kind of not get used to the too electronic disconnect feel from the audi. The audi really drive like a lexus, ride, engine, shifter, steering are all on the soft side. And the bimmer is more rough and raw but I put a lot of mod on it so just the KW V2 good enough to make it rattle like a eco box! The jb4 boost made the engine with very raw power. Shifter on bimmer is also the weak link! But the steering feel & the throttle response is nothing can beat! Other than lacking gadgets (which I quite care in my age now) for daily use and lack of power, the TSX still feel very refine and fit between the audi & bimmer. I have no problem driving it everyday and actually, I still drive it to work everyday. I just have to choose between the audi & bimmer at night now :loser:

Off topic but where did you get your doors fixed/repaired for the rust and how much did it cost? I have the same issue with my rear door.
I have my TSX fixed by KC Auto @McCowan & Laidlaw. They able to find me a prefect condition used door from junk yard, so no repaint required. And it cost me ~$1700 but it include oil change, coolant flush, replace brake pad...etc.

And thanks for the others, I am not loaded, just being mortgage free now so time to spoil my wife with something that I dun mind to spend money on! of course we all rather spend buy her a $50k car instead of buy her a $5k purse, right!:leapfrog:

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,292 Posts
I have no problem driving it everyday and actually, I still drive it to work everyday. I just have to choose between the audi & bimmer at night now :loser:
lol damn must be nice to have that dilemma. Nice rides man. These are probably my three favorite car manufacturers. Though I wanna say the Acura is the most reliable of the bunch.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^Hell yea! I least you can drive the car around...not sure you want to walk around with the purse :007:
exactly what I think!:grinfawk:

lol damn must be nice to have that dilemma. Nice rides man. These are probably my three favorite car manufacturers. Though I wanna say the Acura is the most reliable of the bunch.
wish it is but after the exhaust leak fixed on my TSX, it seems like the lock actuator is shooted! This morning when I try to unlock my car with the remote, it didn't unlock the driver door but the rest 3 doors is fine. So I use the key to unlock the driver door without a problem and get into the car, I able to lock & unlock with the power lock button with any issue. And then after I reached the train station, I won't able to lock the car with the remote now. And this time all door didn't lock. But I can feel it try to lock but seems like not strong enough to lock it. So I doubt it will be run out of remote battery. I am sick of keep fixing this fixing that now!

·
Registered
176 Posts
exactly what I think!:grinfawk:

wish it is but after the exhaust leak fixed on my TSX, it seems like the lock actuator is shooted! This morning when I try to unlock my car with the remote, it didn't unlock the driver door but the rest 3 doors is fine. So I use the key to unlock the driver door without a problem and get into the car, I able to lock & unlock with the power lock button with any issue. And then after I reached the train station, I won't able to lock the car with the remote now. And this time all door didn't lock. But I can feel it try to lock but seems like not strong enough to lock it. So I doubt it will be run out of remote battery. I am sick of keep fixing this fixing that now!
I guess not all cars are like fine wines :) I was surprised when my actuator went as well. I was like "what daaa?" This is a Honda and I thought that electronics are supposed to be bullet proof. But I would still have to say that an old Honda is much more reliable than an old BMW.

Perhaps we should start a tally thread and count how many of common problems we all had in TSXs. Would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I spy someone using Adobe Lightroom.
I spy someone using too much vignette.
:laugh:

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Your line up of cars have all come across my mind if I were to change it up. More like the S4 and RS4. Your house looks amazing and cars just complete it to make it picture perfect.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some update to my S5, 20" BBS CH-R, H&R coilover, RS5 grill, european spec headlight, Alu Kruez, diff mount & trans mount. Love the S5 more and more everyday!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.