Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 TSX, when i purchased it back in debruary i had condensation in driver side headlight, spoke with the dealer they replaced the headlight to a brand new headlight ( i know for a fact as i asked for the "broken" one and they gave it to me ) today i noticed the driver side headlight has condensation in it again, WTF is going on ? can anyone chime in on this ? ive read somewhere about some "clip" that suppose to fix this problem ? also i think that honda/acura parts have some sort of warranty on them ? anyone know how long of a warranty is on the headlight housing if any ? i dont want my ballasts and igniters to fry because of condensation getting onto the wires :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had condensation in my driver's headlight as well. Got it replaced and about a year later, started condensing a lot. See my recent post on the main "sticky" thread. Ordered the clips, didn't help. So i took my headlight off to check for cracks, etc..., but found nothing. I took the cover off and let it sit for a day and before installing back. No condensation ever since... weird. Maybe try the silica or just take off the cover to let the moisture out for a whole day?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. im just pissed off cuz this headlight is less than 6 months old, it was fine the entire spring/summer/part of fall until i noticed it yesterday. You would think that brand new light would have this issue resolved.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,047 Posts
Have the same thing on mine. Mainly when I wash the car though. I think I over-rinse it :lol:

It started a little over a year ago. It's weird cause one wash it will condense but another it won't. I have to get those silica packs.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I always thought only the 2004 models suffered this problem. My passenger headlight had some condensation when I first purchased my TSX. I noticed that one of the silver clips weren't attached correctly. Since then, that headlight has not had any condensation issues after fixing the clip *knocks on wood*

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,750 Posts
Check the thread on the condensation and the last few post I have all the info you need that can help you. Problem solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.