Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum, I'm a newbie and this is my first time posting. I bought my 2006 tsx about 5 weeks ago. About 3 weeks ago,I suddenly noticed some hesitation only when I put it in 1st gear between 1k to 2k rpms from neutral. At first I thought it was some bad spark plugs so I figured I'll change them out because the car has almost 73k on it. After the spark plug change, it felt a lot better throughout the rpms but I still have that hesitation. The hesitation feels like I'm not giving the car enough gas so it jerks. Any ideas?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been happening for a couple of weeks now, every time I put it in first gear, it does it. The weather changed a little bit, but not too much in Texas, I know the winter doesn't compare to ya'll up north. lol!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay cool, I'm going to try that, hopefully it works. Do you think I should seafoam the car?

·
Bardi
1,348 Posts
Please dont seafoam the car. Those products are a gimic. This sounds like a simple spark plug fix. Did you buy NGK Iridiums like it came with from Honda? I hope you didnt use any Bosch products in there.

How is the air filter?

Try running a ground wire from the battery to the intake manifold for a quick test for me. I'm wondering if the ground wires are somewhat corroded and not making a good contact. Even though there are like 3 or 4 cables going to the motor, it's a quick test you can try.

Heyyyy, ya'll only belongs for the south. We talk normal up here. Just kidding!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL! Hey, I can't help it, "y'all" is a habit. hahaha okay seafoam is out the question. I did change my spark plugs about 2 weeks ago, I used NGK Laser Iridium, I don't believe in cheap parts. lol! I haven't check my air filter, I didn't know if that could be a problem for the hesitation but I have an Injen intake coming next week so that wouldn't be a problem. I will check those wires to see if anything's corroded, thanks for the advice.

I think once I get your short shifter, everything will be awesome lol, can't wait!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahahahaha, Yea I know "RIIITE"!LOL! That's true bro, I've noticed that there isn't many Texans on this website!lol!

Hey awoc, do you think it might be the TPS?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.