Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new 2012 TSX owner. Have owned 4 Hondas. With my TSX, I experience a hesitation after slowing down say, to turn a corner...then when trying to accelerate, there is a hesitation for a couple of seconds..and the car goes nowhere..in fact sometimes it is severe enough that it propels me forward a bit. It is both annoying and dangerous..has anyone experienced this...any ideas as to what it may be? I use only hi test gas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Concerned New Owner

I have the same issue. I purchased a new, leftover 2012 Acura TSX Wagon, and have had it for 3 weeks. I find when I sit at a light, or am waiting for a break in the traffic to make a turn, the car hesitates and stumbles, which where I live can be suicidal in South Florida. I purchased the car new, and can't believe that this is supposed to be a natural characteristic by design. I am going to contact the dealership, but was wondering if you have gone that route, and what their response was?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have/had this problem. Took a ride with the service manager and he noticed I am a two foot driver. He said if I just slightly touch the brake pedal while also touching the gas pedal, the drive by wire system shuts the gas off. I tried doing this intentionally and that is the problem.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i myself am a 2006 owner and have noticed if i shift quickly and try to acclerate quickly the car hesistates about 2 seconds before taking off. like basically if i try to graab second hard it almost stalls before going.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts