Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So dudes, we have spoon , brembo and so on. Thats good but I wanna find an alternative perspective, some fresh air.

Hope you all know that RacingBrake has BBK kits and also stock upgrade calipers like spoon. Description looks promising, price is sweet, nice finds and patents and so on.

ANYONE TRIED EM ? Any hypes ? Any suggestions ?

Marcus, man, you r a famous RB dealer , maybe you can leave an input here ? Maybe you know something bout their long term testing, certification process and more..
I stepped twice on rake with ASP and Ralco pulleys and opened really nice products for CL9rs, hope someone will b the first to open nice calipers )

·
Registered
258 Posts
Also interested in peoples personal opinions, although that's all they will likely be; biased opinions. I can't imagine a single person having tried 3 set of BBks or calipers. I suppose you never know...

I'm currently in the hunt for stock upgrade 4-pots that will work with our 300mm rotors and yet are slim in design to work with my wheel setup. I sent Marcus a message today asking about wilwoods, so we shall see...

Spoon ($1600-1800)/the RB calipers ($1260)/ and hopefully he digs up something with wilwood (those seem to be best bang for buck).

·
Registered
248 Posts
with Racingbrake BBK all is OK 2 - piece rotors awesome, just I don't like ET300 brake pads - they are noisy, did break in twice - will try last time and if this will not help just swap for Ferodo Premier pads.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for input Vaikis_ , u use oversized set or stock one ? BTW, newer heard a single sound out of my et300 when i used em in stock calipers, always break em in till they smoke and burn and everything will be fine. ET500 make a lil noise sometimes at very low speeds but not everytime, id say rare. Stopping power is better then et300.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for input Vaikis_ , u use oversized set or stock one ? BTW, newer heard a single sound out of my et300 when i used em in stock calipers, always break em in till they smoke and burn and everything will be fine. ET500 make a lil noise sometimes at very low speeds but not everytime, id say rare. Stopping power is better then et300.
324mm, 2- piece rotor. It's ~ 1 kg lighter then OEM brake rotor if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
28mm lighter than 25 , not bad ) What bout caliper weight ? How much you saved there ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts